Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
I'd work on spending more time iron sights. Miculek and Leatham are amazing because they practice a TON. You say you do not aspire to shoot competitively, but I'd recommend it. It's fun, and it shows you exactly how good you are compared to others. As for your carry gun, I'd second the recommendation of Laser Grips. That said, I'd not discount the idea of carrying a full sized pistol. With the right belt and holster, you'd be surprised what's concealable.

Find a trainer. Somebody with a good reputation. Take a class with them. They will tell you exactly how effectively you can use your sights as opposed to point shooting. You'd be surprised how fast and accurate using sights vs. point shooting can be. A good trainer will also help critique and perfect your technique, and spending 300 bucks learning how to shoot better is a better idea than spending 300 bucks of ammo that you just burn off without learning anything from it. Look in the "Classes" section of this forum. It is well worth it.

Good luck in your journey!
Appreciate the advice. I will look into some coaching. Regarding EDC: I used to carry a Sig 239 in IWB but never felt at all comfortable. I imagine for IWB I'd need larger than normal pant size.

Have also carried OWB with a loose shirt. I was never a big fan of " I have 12 rounds and a spare magazine if SHTF"

I feel pretty good with 5 rounds in a very concealable J frame. just my opinion.