Thread: Colt AR6721 Ten-Step Transformation

Colt AR6721 Ten-Step Transformation

Colt AR6721 Ten-Step Transformation

Start with a stock Colt AR-15 A3 Tactical Carbine (AKA a Colt AR6721) . . .

Step 1. Replace the factory barrel assembly with a Noveske stainless-steel Recon barrel assembly including a set-screwed and taper-pinned low-profile gas block.

Step 2. Replace the factory handguards with a Geissele 13” SMR MK8 M-LOK free-float handguard.

Step 3. Replace the A2 flash-hider with a Smith Enterprise Vortex flash-hider.

Step 4. Install Knight’s Armament front and rear back-up iron sights.

Step 5. Replace the factory fire control group with a Geissele SSA-E fire control group.

Step 6. Replace the A2 grip with a Magpul MIAD grip.

Step 7. Replace the factory trigger-guard with a Magpul aluminum enhanced trigger-guard.

Step 8.
    Replace the factory buttstock assembly with a Magpul UBR buttstock assembly.

The transformed carbine (without a weapon mounted light or optic mounted) weighs-in at 7 pounds, 12 ounces.

Step 9. Install a Schmidt & Bender Short Dot LE in a LaRue Tactical SPR-E mount.

Step 10. Add a weapon mounted light, sling, bipod or fore-grip as needed.

Arisaka In-Line M-LOK mount.

Magpul cantilever M-LOK mount.

Magpul off-set M-LOK mount.

To be continued . . .
    Last edited by Molon; 11-15-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Excellent post. How are you liking M-lok?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    How are you liking M-lok?
    The M-LOK system and attending free-float handguards really shine (no pun intended) by providing a variety of solutions for the streamlined mounting of weapon lights. The handguards also provide for better barrel cooling than the typical guad-rail handguards and there is also a small amount of weight savings. As an example the Geissele 13" MK8 M-LOK handguard weighs-in at 13.1 ounces (without any attachments) on my Ohaus digital scale whereas the LaRue Tactical 13" handguard weighs 18.3 ounces. Typical aluminum M-LOK attachments weigh 0.6 to 0.9 ounces. And of course the feel of the bare M-LOK handguard in the hand is a huge improvement over a guad-rail; I may not even mount any grip panels on my Geissele MK8.
    Last edited by Molon; 11-16-2014 at 01:58 PM.
    Member of the General Population

Beautiful. I see some inspiration for my next project..........

Looks really good! I'm doing something VERY similar, except I'm planning on suppressed use so can't use that barrel, and I'm going with a different optic (K16i), fullsize scout, and different rail. The build, though, is identical to what I'm doing in concept! NICE!!!

The new Magpul M-LOK AFG . . .

Have you had a chance to compare M-LOK with KeyMod?
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Have you had a chance to compare M-LOK with KeyMod?
    Only on paper.

User Tag List