Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BS Busters Number 87: The Myth of the 18 Inch Barrel Velocity

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    My irony meter just broke the stop peg off.

Otherwise, nice post.
    Crystal ball....?

This reminds me of a story..

I was at a facility that was soliciting future .gov business (long range precision rifle stuff for guys working down range). The owner was saying some incredible stuff in regards to abilities and a particular rifle's round count with apparently no measurable wear and world class groups on a regular basis..

Lots of guys kept looking back at me, waiting for me to throw the BS flag, but I was biting my tongue, as argument was pointless and knowing my boss would prefer that I just be polite, professional and most importantly, be quiet.

The real gem was when the owner said that tier 1 group xxx trained at his place. Little did he know, a number of people he was speaking directly to were recent former members of the that organization. To be clear, I'm not a former or current member of the organization.

Anyways, after glances exchanged, and a break occurs, phone calls were made and nobody knew anybody from that unit that had trained there, either individually or as a unit.

Pays to know your audience.

We were locked on to do a mandated course there, ( however a former SOTIC instructor now working for our organization was the primary instructor and made the best of a crap situation) but shortly thereafter the program got moved to a more suitable location. This one did not have self anointed experts, but actual guys with credible backgrounds..

Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter View Post
    bump.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I doubt that the OP will revisit this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I doubt that the OP will revisit this thread.
    I'm hoping he does and posts his data.

I'll show you some pretty neat statistical stuff, plus we can have a couple of discussions about ballistics. Should make everyone involved more knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter View Post
    I'm hoping he does and posts his data.

I'll show you some pretty neat statistical stuff, plus we can have a couple of discussions about ballistics. Should make everyone involved more knowledgeable.
    While I understand the need to offer a rebuttal -- which it appears that you've done -- I'm curious as to what benefit there is to continuing the bumps? If Molon wants to reply, he'll reply. If he doesn't, he won't. I doubt that posting a high-level version of "come at me, bro" is going to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post
    While I understand the need to offer a rebuttal -- which it appears that you've done -- I'm curious as to what benefit there is to continuing the bumps? If Molon wants to reply, he'll reply. If he doesn't, he won't. I doubt that posting a high-level version of "come at me, bro" is going to change that.
    Point taken and you are right. Got caught up in the moment.

User Tag List