Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: On Shoulder Holsters.

Site Supporter
    Didn't know Duluth Trading made tuxedos.

I'm working on my movember beard. Color is exactly like yours.
    Thanks for the after photo.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    The thing is, he could have been penly carrying a 8 3/8" hard chromed Model 29 in a drop leg holster and nobody would have noticed because they would have been too busy looking at that magnificent beard.
    I have a 6.5" Model 29-2 on it's way, and will be getting a shoulder rig. I think "Dirty Santa" has a ring to it.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

As part of my work, I commute hundreds of miles, usually at night. In the winter when wearing heavy outerwear, a horizontal shoulder holster makes accessing the gun feasible from the driver's seat while offering decent concealment. That being said, there is a lot of practice needed as the draw is complex, let alone adding the issues of drawing from within a vehicle. I spent untold hours practicing in my driveway with an empty gun before I was ready to use the holster.

Other than that specialized case, I am not a fan of shoulder holsters for defensive guns.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Put it under "Bond, James Bond.......Harden the F*<k up you wanker".
    It occurs to me that Darryl may have been using the new shoulder holster as an excuse to show us how nice he looks in formal wear?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It occurs to me that Darryl may have been using the new shoulder holster as an excuse to show us how nice he looks in formal wear?
    Or that I own footwear that is not open-toe. Thankfully, in Texas, Cowboy boots are always acceptable.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    I can't believe this hasn't been posted already...

Darryl,

I'm pretty sure a tux is only complete with a tie.

Most importantly: will buying a white Ferrari with the shoulder rig improve the shooter's draw times?
    No you have to such a stud that Ferrari gives you the car for free. The black Daytona in the show was a kit car. According to long standing internet lore, Ferrari gave the show two black Testarossas, which were later repainted white to show up better on camera. In exchange for the cars, the kit car had to be destroyed.

When I was doing the detective thing I started finding holes in my coats right around my right kidney area, from the butt of the pistol rubbing or pinching the coat. Switching to a shoulder hostler saved a little wear and tear on the clothes. They're also pretty convenient if your spending a lot of time in interview rooms and correctional facilities and you have to secure your weapons before entering.

Shoulder holster were banned at our range, after some rocket scientist put a Winchester ranger through his bicep, humerus and tricep while reholstering his pistol. Got to be cognizant of where that off side arm is, especially if you're using two hands to reholster.
    <---Hates smart phones and kids on his lawn.

Getting into a hands on, entangled type fight whilst wearing a shoulder holster is a real unpleasant thought.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    Getting into a hands on, entangled type fight whilst wearing a tuxedo is a real unpleasant thought.
    FIFY
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List