Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Season vs carry caliber

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Does anyone carry based on seasonal clothing?
    No, it's a full size service pistol year round for me.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

9x19 year round.

If a suitable caliber is initially picked, along with appropriate ammunition which meets the FBI barrier protocols, then there is NO need to be switching calibers based on the season or phase of the moon...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    If a suitable caliber is initially picked, along with appropriate ammunition which meets the FBI barrier protocols, then there is NO need to be switching calibers based on the season or phase of the moon...
    Moon neither?

9mm year round.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

If a suitable caliber is initially picked, along with appropriate ammunition which meets the FBI barrier protocols, then there is NO need to be switching calibers

That's what people seem to always overlook.

Is there anything out there showing that different calibers eventually have issues due to potential clothing? What does it take to make a round fail?

phase of the moon...
    Dentist and astronomer?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

My Astronomy Merit Badge was the hardest one I earned...

Poorly designed service caliber bullets tend to plug up and act like FMJ on heavier clothing. Likewise some anemic calibers that should be banned from the earth, like .380 Auto, often fail when fired into heavier clothing.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Likewise some anemic calibers that should be banned from the earth, like .380 Auto, often fail when fired into heavier clothing.
    Tell us how you really feel....

But I wouldn't bet money against, given how other things so deplored have faded from the market. Glaser anyone?

But having been in places where only a 380 was permitted, it may not vanish for quite some time.

I admit that I'm less likely to leave the house with only a .380 in the winter.

That either means carrying a proper gun, or none at all — the latter because there is little point taking on the legal burden (schools, USPS, …) if what I'm carrying won't go through four layers of Carhartt, and I won't be able to fit a gloved finger in the trigger guard.

I can get through the three days a year when it's below 50 with the same guns I carry the other 362 days: 9mm and anemic .380 backup.

ditto, 9mm with barrier blind ammo.

User Tag List