Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Colt AR15A4

Very nice looking rifle, WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    I have a thing for 20" AR's. I like the way they shoot, look, & feel. So when I discovered Colt had this available, basically a semi auto version of their service rifle sans KAC rail, I snatched it up. I automatically install MagPul trigger guards, grips, & stocks on my AR's, so I opted for the Magpul edition...it was actually substantially cheaper.

Now, the furniture on this model is FDE, which I'm not a huge fan of, but whatever. To my surprise today, when I got the gun, the entire upper & lower were cerakoted in FDE. The gun I ordered was black, but I actually like it so I signed for it. It was a good surprise overall. Pics & a 100yd target to follow.
    I wasn't aware Colt was doing a Magpul edition of the AR15A4. If you don't mind me asking, who did you order from?

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I wasn't aware Colt was doing a Magpul edition of the AR15A4. If you don't mind me asking, who did you order from?
    Budsgunshop.com....use the make an offer feature. I got this for almost $300 off what it listed for.

Got the A4 out to the range today. Wasn't able to take any pics unfortunately. I got 1-1.5" 3 shot groups @ 100 yds with a MagPul rear sight & standard front sight base. I'm satisfied. Prob gonna throw a 1-4x Leupold on it. Very soft shooting rifle. I forgot how easy the rifle length has systems are. I should have my FN A4 in here in by January to do a comparison.

Cool man, I have yet to see any of the FN rifles in person so I'm looking forward to a comparison.

Please shoot 10 shot slow fire groups; 3 shots don't reveal ANYTHING about a rifle...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    Who decided it was a good idea to order 1, let alone 40, Bushwackers?
    Sometimes you have to deal with other people's decisions.

Oh, and "just as good as"...........

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Do they still use the wrong size FSB ?
    Yes

Site Supporter
    There have been epic discussion on Bushwhackers all over the net. Suffice it to say, they are in no way "as good as" any TDP compliant gun. In my travels I see lots of BMs and they're not duty quality rifles. They are for folks who won't shoot them much or for shooting turtles and cans at Granny's farm pond, hence my classification of them and their ilk as "turtle guns".
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I want to learn more about the FN A4. I've heard nothing but good things about their barrels but haven't found a lot of info about their complete rifles yet. I've been saving to get back into an AR and the FN is one I'm looking closely at.

I've carried A2's, M4's, and qualified with an A4. The M4's are very handy to carry and make climbing in and out of things a lot less cumbersome. But shooting, and furthermore as a civilian, I think the A4 makes so much more sense.

Some of it might be me getting older but the A4 is so much easier to shoot accurately out to 300 meters. They also feel a lot more balance to me. M4s are awesome for quick in close work. They're not so great at longer ranges, specially when I'm not as quick as I used to be.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List