Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any downsides to 92D spring?

Any downsides to 92D spring?

Are there any real downsides (increased spring replacement rate, light strikes, etc...)to putting the 92D spring in a standard 92?

No, in my opinion and experience.

Best, Jon

I've had light strikes with a commercial reloads and russian stuff.

Not really... YVK is that also because of an aftermarket hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I've had light strikes with a commercial reloads and russian stuff.
    Speaking with Ernest Langdon and Dave Olhasso, there is more to reliable ignition than D spring versus regular. It goes beyond my technical ability to understand and explain, but relates to where the hammer releases. For example, I had a 92G-SD I was getting light strikes with, it was professionally worked, and became perfectly reliable with the same D spring.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've been running D model springs for the last 10-15 years without a problem.

I put one in grandson #2's commercial "M9", and immediately started getting light hits with the Beretta OEM .22 conversion kit. Put the standard spring back in, no more light hits.

Sample of one, etc., etc...

I've had too many light strikes to mention with my last 1000 round batch of Barnaul Ammo. But I've also had and witnessed light strikes with Glocks ans M&P with the same ammo, so I wouldn't specifically attribute it to an issue with the D spring.

It has fired everything else, including Tula, perfectly.

I've had no light strikes in my d spring equipped 92fs, using Wolf, Tula, Barnaul, and everything else I can find. No problems at all.

No light strikes here either. I primarily reload and I use whatever primers I can get for the best price. My last 10,000 primers have been Tula, no issues with any pistol. I do keep my pistols mostly stock. Just got some S&B primers so we'll see.

User Tag List