Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Easier to remove Glock baseplates legal for Production

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Don't mess with the OEM floor plate retention tabs. If you do, expect the magazine to disassemble (fail).
    Haven't had that problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Don't mess with the OEM floor plate retention tabs. If you do, expect the magazine to disassemble (fail).
    I've got well over 50,000 rounds (and maybe more than 75,000 rounds) through various Glock mags (different calibers) with the nubs cut off. They've been handled rough and dropped on all types of surfaces (including in numerous competitions and schools/classes). I've never had a single problem with them disassembling accidentally or anything like that.

Joe Mamma

Not trying to disparage Skintop's posts... I guess a lot of it varies from assembly to assembly - I know that the Stoeger pads have been really rock solid.

I've seen a few Glocks mags so modified spontaneously take a dump, one during a speed reload by a friend of mine.

After the first disassemble on a new mag I have never found taking Glock base pads off to be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I've seen a few Glocks mags so modified spontaneously take a dump, one during a speed reload by a friend of mine.

After the first disassemble on a new mag I have never found taking Glock base pads off to be a big deal.
    This. The first time can be a bit tough, but after that it gets a lot easier real fast. No need to make any modifications, just use the right technique.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Quote Originally Posted by WIILSHOOT View Post
    Not trying to disparage Skintop's posts... I guess a lot of it varies from assembly to assembly - I know that the Stoeger pads have been really rock solid.
    And just for clarification... My experience is with OEM mags and floor plates so modified. I can't speak to this mod on aftermarket base pads.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Put me in the "cut the nubs off" camp, but then again I stick piercings in weird places so....

The only time I've had a mag so modified fail is when I forgot to put the interior locking plate in. For a gaming gun I wouldn't worry about it in the least. Of course, by IPSC rules it's an illegal modification.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Ok, so those Basepads I posted about are finally available at Ben's pro-shop:

http://www.benstoegerproshop.com/Glo...d-p/gl-sf1.htm

Good kit...

Quote Originally Posted by WIILSHOOT View Post
    Ok, so those Basepads I posted about are finally available at Ben's pro-shop:

http://www.benstoegerproshop.com/Glo...d-p/gl-sf1.htm

Good kit...
    Got mine this morning, and shot them this afternoon. Work good!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List