Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA deletes flat-footed reload rule, wants feedback on new division

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    I advocate combining SSP AND ESP
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post

And for equipment: if it fits the box and makes weight it should be legal. It's not the gun, it's the skill.
    Cody
    I shot some Bill Drills at 25 yards with a Glock 19 the other day. Today I shot them again with a Beretta 92. Same skill, same drill, same ammo, same SSP class, different guns, different results.

Any other sport where dimensional attributes of equipment make a difference either limit the differences or create separate categories. You can't have a tennis racquet longer than 28 inches. You can't bend blade of a hockey stick excessively. 650cc bikes don't race against 1100cc bikes. How compact guns are OK to be run against heavier, meatier and longer guns under the same category is above me.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I shot some Bill Drills at 25 yards with a Glock 19 the other day. Today I shot them again with a Beretta 92. Same skill, same drill, same ammo, same SSP class, different guns, different results.

Any other sport where dimensional attributes of equipment make a difference either limit the differences or create separate categories. You can't have a tennis racquet longer than 28 inches. You can't bend blade of a hockey stick excessively. 650cc bikes don't race against 1100cc bikes. How compact guns are OK to be run against heavier, meatier and longer guns under the same category is above me.
    Agreed. CCP is the first thing IDPA's done in a while that's made me want to get back into it for more than a monthly club match. CCP is in keeping with the spirit of the sport. I'd even advocate making it IWB-only. If you're going to have a true concealment/realistic carry division, make it so.

Site Supporter
    Disagree on the IWB part. I've moved from IWB to OWB due to it's ease and body configuration. I can easily and Do conceal a G19 or 26 almost everyday in normal clothing (not shoot me first vests).

An aside, as left handed, I used a Blade-tech IWB for the Glocks - Its kydex or whatever material had some flex and it would consistently press the slide release and pop the mag every so slightly.

Another reason I went to OWB as well as comfort.

I'd like IDPA to go back to the original two classes. They each had a specific individual purpose and I think they worked fine. Inclusivity has been the Achilles heel of the sport.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Agreed. CCP is the first thing IDPA's done in a while that's made me want to get back into it for more than a monthly club match. CCP is in keeping with the spirit of the sport. I'd even advocate making it IWB-only. If you're going to have a true concealment/realistic carry division, make it so.
    Nope. Plenty of folks carry OWB and conceal.

If we're going realistic we can look at things other than the holster.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I'd like IDPA to go back to the original two classes. They each had a specific individual purpose and I think they worked fine. Inclusivity has been the Achilles heel of the sport.
    I have a 1996 rule book and it lists 4 divisions; SSP, ESP, CDP and SSR. It lists 5 classifications; MA, EXP, SS, MM and Novice.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post

Can you publish results of your test
    ? Also, just to eliminate all variables, should you test against a glock 34 instead?
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I have a 1996 rule book and it lists 4 divisions; SSP, ESP, CDP and SSR. It lists 5 classifications; MA, EXP, SS, MM and Novice.
    Mine too, Bill, my reference is apocryphal. ESP was added to accommodate checkered P35s and Supers, and SSR came about as an afterthought spurred by the conference table realization that the only gun half the founders were carrying was a J frame (it is alleged). But at least apocryphally, the sport was conceived as a place for single stack non-comped 1911s and completely as-issued DA / SFA service pistols to have a place to compete. Sez me, #A00379, which is frankly later than the stuff I speak of.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Mine too, Bill, my reference is apocryphal. ESP was added to accommodate checkered P35s and Supers, and SSR came about as an afterthought spurred by the conference table realization that the only gun half the founders were carrying was a J frame (it is alleged). But at least apocryphally, the sport was conceived as a place for single stack non-comped 1911s and completely as-issued DA / SFA service pistols to have a place to compete. Sez me, #A00379, which is frankly later than the stuff I speak of.
    I was there at Fort Harmar the day when IDPA was formed. However, I was across the road shooting a USPSA match and they didn't consult me. What you say could be how it was. I'm pretty sure that revolver was an afterthought. None of the founders shot revolvers in competition and most of them were shooting USPSA at the time. #A00282. LOL

User Tag List