Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre-K mindset

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    She has the mindset of most women and academics: that of a coward.
    I've always said it doesn't take much in the way of guts or pain tolerance to push something the size of a watermelon out of an opening the size of a lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    I've always said it doesn't take much in the way of guts or pain tolerance to push something the size of a watermelon out of an opening the size of a lemon.
    And the correlation between that and the willingness to kill in self defense is................?

that is extremely sexist and a correlation that has no evidence or basis. There are women that are not cowards and the statement on academics is pretty vague. Am I academic because I am going to college to be a teacher? Does that make me a coward?

And the correlation between that and the willingness to kill in self defense is................?
    A. That's a pretty narrow definition of courage, and I don't know that I agree with it, and

B. Accepting your definition for the purposes of argument I'm not aware that is actually the case. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence that shows women are willing to fight and kill.

Site Supporter
    The question I answered was about TX. I can find examples of gun friendly women across the country - even if some of Eastern liberal arts colleges.

In general, urban east coast and other urban areas tend not to be the strongest gun supporters - even among the males. Academics aren't strong gun supporters. However, the Chronicle of Higher Ed. did have a strong progun column by a prof (but he did go to my school in TX). Another reported SD gun purchases. It is too broad a sweep to denounce all academics and females, for sure. There is quite bit of progun scholarly literature that has been crucial in RKBA arguments. However, gun friendly profs could speak up more. I do but I've got the position to do it. I did get negative feedback from above but I'm not in the position of worrying about real world consequences.

Also, denouncing the author in nasty terms - is that useful? I can point to some high end instructors whose spouses have not embraced carry. It's their business to share that but I doubt they would like the categorization. Choosing to carry an instrument of lethal force and use it - that's a complex decision for many.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    NM: Problem better solved via other means.
    Last edited by Tamara; 11-02-2014 at 04:57 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Amazing! An "F" in Logic & Reality but a Master's Degree in Mysogyny.
    Most of my knowledge base is "previously owned".

User Tag List