Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pants

Anyone try the Mountain Khaki pants? I saw a review from Kyle Defoor and thought they looked like a good durable pair of pants. They are pricey but if they last a long time then you might still be ahead.

I really like the fit of boot cut pants but find that they are all have a low rise waist. So when I pull my pants up where they need to be for discreet pistol carry, the crotch ends up slammed into my jollies. Some jeans are worse than others but for the most part I am finding out that they don't work well with IWB carry. I'm going to be moving toward replacing my jeans with khakis.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Anyone try the Mountain Khaki pants? I saw a review from Kyle Defoor and thought they looked like a good durable pair of pants. They are pricey but if they last a long time then you might still be ahead.
    Didn't work for me. I had a few pairs but switched to the Kuhl Rydr's. The front pocket's were extremely tight, the ride height on the waist simply didn't work for me carrying AIWB. I had both the Original Mountain Pants and the Alpine Utility Pants.

Site Supporter
    OP- I have similar fit issues - I really like the fit of the Cabelas Trail Hiker II cargos. I buy and wear these daily despite getting 5.11's from work. They are cargos but look normal. Not all the cabelas pants are cut the same but these are gtg for those with big butt / thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    One stupid feature isn't enough to turn me off of em. Imagine working an accident scene in the heat and not having to hike up your pant legs to squat down or kneel.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

If you're looking for jeans I'd recommend you check out Stonemaster Jeans. Designed by and for rock climbers so they have a gusseted crotch, a little spandex for stretchiness and a regular height waist which works very well for AIWB. The front pockets are really deep and microfiber lined which makes them super soft. Sounds funny til you try it...

I like the fact that there are no labels on the jeans and the only way to tell what they are is a small logo on the button. The dark wash looks really nice and is good for an evening out as well. Lastly, I emailed the owner for a custom size, 34X35, and he had them delivered in about 2 weeks time for no additional cost.

And they're made in the good ol' US of A.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Wrang...nts/722694.uts

I've been wearing these in denim for the last few years. The front pockets are big enough for a J-Frame or small auto with out printing and the side pocket is just right for a knife and a pen. The waist has a little bit of elastic in it for a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I like mountain khaki pants, like the fit a lot, but I havent found them particularly durable. For pricy outdoor gear, patagonia has held up the best for me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Most know I wear Duluth Firehouse workpants and shorts (the new 12 inch ones are my favorite) almost exclusively. They are easy to move in, cut for men, and almost impossible to wear out with great pockets.
    Absolutely!

I have two pair from when I wore a 36" waist and a new pair at my current 34" size. One of the 36" pair was my hunting/camping pants, yet look good enough to wear to work after a good washing. They do repel stains well.

Duluth used to have Firehose Chinos which were ideal for office wear (more casual than traditional khakis, but not quite jeans). I had two pair that I wore for a couple years, but I've now lost enough weight that I can't wear them. When I went shopping for replacements, I learned they no longer carry them.

Chris

Agree re: Duluth Trading. Solid, well made clothes.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

User Tag List