Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12 ga gel test: Remington #4 buck (27 pellet)

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Why not move to FliteControl #1?
    Doc what do you think of the "wad wizard"? http://www.wadwizard.com/
    My understanding is that fliteControl is based on this technology and it always seemed preferable to me to have this choke on a gun and be able
    to run any ammo as if it was "fliteControl" rather then assume I could find some specific kind of ammo.

Doc,

I was told that one reason that shotguns were so effective is that when the temporary cavities of each shot overlap they then become permanent cavities. I was also thinking that FliteControl and WadWizard reduce stringing it would result in the shot hitting the target at closer to the same time and thus may increase wounding. Is this effect real/measurable or just some incorrect thinking on my part?

Over a decade ago, Chris Billings of Choke™ invented both a shot spread reducing and a shot spread eliminating wad design; both Federal and Hornady licensed the non-bonded Choke shot spread reducing design (ie. Flight Control and TAP). The Choke™ wad design has nothing to do with the "WadWizard" choke tube.

"I was told that one reason that shotguns were so effective is that when the temporary cavities of each shot overlap they then become permanent cavities."
    Uh...not exactly. Each small piece of shot produces a relatively small stretch cavity, so that is not fully accurate. In a simplistic description, the multiple projectiles in buckshot can severely disrupt tissue; this multiply perforated tissue loses its elasticity and is unable to absorb stretching that would ordinarily be tolerated by intact tissue.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List