Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Irritation When People Discuss...

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    I want to be Malamute when I grow up.
    Um,...that's a contradiction of terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Uh - did the stool impact the Glock functioning? Why was there a stool next to the tub? Maybe I don't understand outdoor lavatory arrangments.

Sorry about this.

BTW, I've run WWB 9mm through the washer and dryer. Seems to work. Doesn't make the wife happy when she heard the clink in the dryer.
    stool=toilet. Its next to the bathtub, so a handy place to lay a pistol. Fortunately, I've managed not to drop the gun in the toilet so far. I keep the lid down most of the time.

The bathroom is sort of "normal", it has heat, running water, toilet, claw foot tub, sink, water heater, etc, it just doesn't happen to be attached to the cabin. At the time I built it, it had been raining like crazy for weeks, so I just decided to build a separate building instead of tearing part of the cabin roof off and adding on. It made sense at the time. Its sort of an outhouse with running water, and a nice room for reloading and pantry for good measure.

The little cabin I'm in was supposed to be temporary and was going to build a larger place after I built another spec house or two. Things got a bit complicated and the plan changed, so am making the best of the little place for now.
    Last edited by Malamute; 10-29-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Ranger-T and Critical Duty are both listed as being waterproofed.

Just throwing that out there.

The various Gold Dot loads, like the one you use, aren't waterproof?

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Not that I know of.

"Irritation when people discuss..."

1) When people start threads to discuss discussions they find irritating. I fing that pretty irritating.

2) Tactical Timmies who preach about the need to keep your sphincter clenched in condition red 24/7.

3) Interwebz SME's who feel the need to drop their resume in every other post.

4) Those who insist on over thinking every aspect down to the smallest minutae, who seem to treat shooting a firearm like launching a rocket to Mars.

5) Achronyms. Jesus Christo people, speak in the King's english not the f'ing alphabet.

6) The errornet in general.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post

3) Interwebz SME's who feel the need to drop their resume in every other post.

4) Those who insist on over thinking every aspect down to the smallest minutae, who seem to treat shooting a firearm like launching a rocket to Mars.

Well, to pad my 3), I'll talk about 4), except it wasn't a rocket to Mars,,,,, it was the launch test of my personally invented 12 gauge launched rocket propelled shotgun slug. It was pretty bad ass.

I later invented the 12 gauge launched rocket propelled impact detonating exploding shotgun slug. It was bad assery-er.

I'm lucky to have survived high school with all of my fingers and eyeballs because science.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Not necessarily, but you know they make one for special purposes:

http://le.atk.com/ammunition/speer/h....aspx?id=55036

I shot extensively in my 20's. Moved on to other things, then got re-interested when I retired 3 years ago. Pistol Forum has been very beneficial in bringing me back up to speed. Must admit that 2 recurring subjects still leave me totally nonplussed:
    1. The "What gun to take with me into the shower?" threads. I can see if you're really concerned about spiders, but seriously?
    2. The "I carry a Glock 19 as my CCW, is a j-frame adequate as a backup?" My goodness, what are these people expecting to run into?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    1) When people start threads to discuss discussions they find irritating. I fing that pretty irritating.
    ROFL
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    The "I carry a Glock 19 as my CCW, is a j-frame adequate as a backup?" My goodness, what are these people expecting to run into?
    Think of it this way: cheap insurance.

User Tag List