Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: GADPA Discontinues IDPA Affiliation

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    Not to derail, but why didn't IDPA say anything about 2000 units or rule 82111 then? As an IPDA Member, if I want to get the real justification for a rule change, must I ignore what the clarification says and instead talk to "multiple Tiger Team members and employees about it"?

If I recall, USPSA lists the gun as having more than 2000 units; was that the mistake?
    IMO, the "Tiger Team" is the biggest joke regarding IDPA. It appears to be the more opinionated middle aged tactical tards who can no longer compete under the old rules so they create new rules to favor their lack of skill.

Yes, I'm an IDPA member but not for sure if I'll renew my membership.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    IMO, the "Tiger Team" is the biggest joke regarding IDPA. It appears to be the more opinionated middle aged tactical tards who can no longer compete under the old rules so they create new rules to favor their lack of skill.

Yes, I'm an IDPA member but not for sure if I'll renew my membership.
    I'm not trying to bash IDPA in general here, I'm just trying to find out the 'real' reasoning for the rule change, since Caleb seems to know. If the USPSA Production list is mistaken, then I'm just wondering why they didn't tell the membership.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Get me in and out of the match in time to enjoy the rest of a weekend day with my family and you can keep the props.
    +1 That right there.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    It is the person who said that to me...I just didn't want to "out him" without asking.
    Cody
    Which is certainly a considerate policy. My point was that Frank has been expressing this sentiment for years both in public speech and print and do not see any reason that he should not be credited for what is an astute and honest observation. Mr. Glover may not talk a lot but when he does, he does say a lot and people should listen.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Which is certainly a considerate policy. My point was that Frank has been expressing this sentiment for years both in public speech and print and do not see any reason that he should not be credited for what is an astute and honest observation. Mr. Glover may not talk a lot but when he does, he does say a lot and people should listen.
    +1
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Not to derail, but why didn't IDPA say anything about 2000 units or rule 82111 then? As an IPDA Member, if I want to get the real justification for a rule change, must I ignore what the clarification says and instead talk to "multiple Tiger Team members and employees about it"?

If I recall, USPSA lists the gun as having more than 2000 units; was that the mistake?
    That's the IDPA way, and one of the several reasons why I don't renew my membership

I'm not trying to bash IDPA in general here, I'm just trying to find out the 'real' reasoning for the rule change, since Caleb seems to know. If the USPSA Production list is mistaken, then I'm just wondering why they didn't tell the membership.
    Getting on the USPSA Production list involves signing a form that says you pinky swear you produced 2,000 units.

That's it.

Remember when the FNS longslide got approved and the stupid half of the gunternet was all "HERP DERP LIES!!!!!!" but the Accu-Shadow gets approved and no one bats an eye. I like Angus, he's a cool dude, but if CZ-Custom has actually made 2,000 of those guns I will eat my leather holster.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Getting on the USPSA Production list involves signing a form that says you pinky swear you produced 2,000 units.

That's it.

Remember when the FNS longslide got approved and the stupid half of the gunternet was all "HERP DERP LIES!!!!!!" but the Accu-Shadow gets approved and no one bats an eye. I like Angus, he's a cool dude, but if CZ-Custom has actually made 2,000 of those guns I will eat my leather holster.
    At least USPSA has a process. What's IDPA's process? Do they have one for verifying production quantities? I think we all know the answer to that.

I'm done here.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post

That's it.

Understood. Thanks.

User Tag List