Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GADPA Discontinues IDPA Affiliation

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Except that this isn't really what happened.
    The announcement of the CZ SP-01 Accu Shadow's SSP disqualification (meaning it is illegal to use in IDPA at all) was made public, as far as I am aware, on September 8, 2014 at 10:05 PM. You can review this: http://idpaforum.yuku.com/topic/1152...-legal-for-SSP for reference.

The IDPA National Championship began on September 9, 2014; less than 24 hours from the announcement on the IDPA forum.

If you can explain how that doesn't square with what I said, I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    The announcement of the CZ SP-01 Accu Shadow's SSP disqualification (meaning it is illegal to use in IDPA at all) was made public, as far as I am aware, on September 8, 2014 at 10:05 PM. You can review this: http://idpaforum.yuku.com/topic/1152...-legal-for-SSP for reference.

The IDPA National Championship began on September 9, 2014; less than 24 hours from the announcement on the IDPA forum.

I'm interested to hear how this is false as well.

Because the gun was never legal in the first place.

Site Supporter
    That's a reasonable point about not letting someone shoot. I recall the SO grabbing a newbie who was struggling dangerously with a Serpa on the first stage of a match.

They do get excited when they are stopped. USPSA or IDPA or stee, etc, are all games.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Because the gun was never legal in the first place.
    The Accu Shadow was and is a catalog production item for CZ-USA. Until CZ Custom was arbitrarily ruled to not be an OEM, the Accu Shadown was no different than any other pistol in CZ's catalog and all of its accuracy enhancements were FACTORY features and thus not subject to the lists of prohibited or approved mods.

It is also obvious to anyone but the most hardcore of IDPA apologists that the ruling was made to target CZ and carefully worded to avoid offending one of IDPA's major sponsors located in Springfield, MA.

It is also obvious to anyone but the most hardcore of IDPA apologists that the ruling was made to target CZ and carefully worded to avoid offending one of IDPA's major sponsors located in Springfield, MA.
    That's so ignorant it's not even worth a reply...and yet here I am.

The Accu-Shadow was never legal for SSP, and the only reason people thought it was illegal for SSP was because of a mistake. Yes, the timing was unfortunate, but thinking that the ruling came about because S&W pressured IDPA is a pretty clear indicator that you 1) didn't actually talk to anyone IDPA's leadership about it, and 2) believe pretty much anything you read on the internet.

I talked to multiple Tiger Team members and IDPA employees about it, so unless a half-dozen people all lied directly to my face about what caused the issue, I'm going to go with their story.

The reason GADPA withdrew had nothing to do with the Accushadow.
    My source, although still heresay, is related to the downgrade from Level 4 to Level 3 for the Ga State IDPA Match after the match was completed. But their unhappiness with the new rules was underlying the issues.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    The Accu-Shadow was never legal for SSP
    Quote a rule from the old rulebook that proves that.

Quote a rule from the old rulebook that proves that.
    8.2.1.1. Handguns permitted for use in SSP must:
    8.2.1.1.1. Have a minimum annual production of 2,000 units.

Here's a fun update from IDPA HQ on the situation:
    I understand your frustration. However, please consider redirecting that towards the GADPA. Although they may have advertised the match as a Tier 4, they at no time spoke with HQ about achieving that level. It never appeared on IDPA’s website as Tier 4 match. The club failed to send the stages to HQ for review per the rulebook requirements for a Tier 4 match. Had they done so it is most likely we could have advised them that the open squadding (in a tier 4 match) and several other easily correctable issues were against the rulebook. I was unaware that they even had open squadding until after the match was listed as a Tier 3.
    Basically, this club failed to follow a number of simple IDPA rules. None of which even came close to falling in a “gray” area. The number one complaint from members is clubs/matches not following the rules. This club failed to do so on multiple levels and when faced with the consequences of those action decided to quit rather than take any responsibility of them.
    Robert Ray
    International Defensive Pistol Association
    I hate to interrupt a good IDPA bash with facts and stuff, so ya'll can go back to doing that now.

User Tag List