Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PASS: Premier Action Shooting Sports Announced

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Also, I'm like 100% sure that they don't own the rights to that image.
    Given how many pages are using it, I can only assume it's a stock photo:

I realize stock photos are an almost universally accepted element of web-design these days (my own company uses plenty), but it drives me nuts.

Don't get me wrong: I understand it makes way more economic sense to purchase a stock photo for a few bucks, rather than spend an order of magnitude more on a photo shoot.

But in cases like this photo, it almost borders on false advertising. I'm not saying this is what PASS is doing, but I could toss up a flashy website overnight for Byron's Awesome League of Legendary Shooting. The league might only exist in my head, but on my website there are tons of stock photos of shooters on the line, action shooting, etc. Someone finds my site, sees the images, and says, "Hey, this BALLS organization really looks like they're putting together great events!"
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    No interest since AIWB is out. Not changing my daily method of carry for a game.
    Ditto.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I hate to be a pessimist, but I predict that this thing will not spread past the founder's club.

Much like these guys: http://www.cqtas.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I hate to be a pessimist, but I predict that this thing will not spread past the founder's club.

Much like these guys: http://www.cqtas.net/
    Not without enough change. One would think that folks would try to capture the ones who have voiced the same complaints about other games over and over again.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    One would think that folks would try to capture the ones who have voiced the same complaints about other games over and over again.
    Exactly. The subjectivity of so many IDPA rules is still there in this PASS rulebook. There's an interesting discussion on the "official" IDPA forum where someone is asking about running his mag carriers with the mags oriented bullets out. He said he would comply with the offset rule and with the concealment rule (both of which are objective rules).

Well, it didn't take long for someone to throw down the "not suitable for every day carry" crap in his face. This from someone who probably uses a Comp Tac or Blade Tech OWB holster, which print like a friggin brick and NO ONE uses for every day carry.

That's just it. There is a chance for someone to create a new game that addresses the concerns we have about other games. No sponsors to cater to with rules, no prominent players to cater to, no egos to hurt.

And they go and create the same damned thing. Of all the things I dislike about other games there is no compelling reason to jump ship.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Better the devil you know than the one you don't

Kind of like IDSA and TSA, not "different enough", eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Kind of like IDSA and TSA, not "different enough", eh?
    Actually, PASS keeps most of the bad things about IDPA and fixes a few by adopting some things from USPSA.

Not sure what TSA you're talking about, sorry.

TSA = Tactical Shooting Association, set up to promote the D.R. Middlebrooks style of shooting. Not connected with the present Bureau of Shoe Inspectors.

IDSA = International Defensive Shooting Association, a Dallas project of a number of years ago.

User Tag List