Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Match - Couldn't shoot but was fun.

First Match - Couldn't shoot but was fun.

Just wanted to share my experience from my first USPSA/IPSC match & some pics.
    Showed up to my first match and turns out it was the final match of the year for the club and sort of a big deal so I was asked politely to sit this one out.

Couple guys/teams from other states and Canada showed up. Most with decked out double stack 1911s.

I will say I caught the bug and am already trying to get off work early on Wednesday so I can attend a practice match they have going on that they invited me to join in on for free.

DSC_0619 by Pyzik, on Flickr

DSC_0615 by Pyzik, on Flickr

DSC_0586 by Pyzik, on Flickr

DSC_0584 by Pyzik, on Flickr

DSC_0580 by Pyzik, on Flickr

DSC_0574 by Pyzik, on Flickr

DSC_0569 by Pyzik, on Flickr

DSC_0616 by Pyzik, on Flickr

DSC_0605 by Pyzik, on Flickr

DSC_0589 by Pyzik, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by pyzik View Post
    Just wanted to share my experience from my first USPSA/IPSC match & some pics.
    Showed up to my first match and turns out it was the final match of the year for the club and sort of a big deal so I was asked politely to sit this one out.

That seems a little more than a little dickish.

That's what I thought, too.

Hey, so I wasn't the only one!
    Ha.

I will say that there there were at least a guy and gal that I would have done at least as well as.

Add me to those who think asking you to sit it out was a dick move.

I would not be back to that club. Ever.

That is really unbelievable. My local club encourages new shooters and welcomes them provided they are safe. That is the only requirement.

Big or small match, it doesn't matter. Pay your money and you get to shoot.

USPSA is in NO position to turn anyone away at this point. Although my club hosts a Sectional and Area every year for the last 5 years, I've skipped both the last 2 years due to all the drama, bitching and politics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's the only club close to me. So I'll likely go back, though not join as a member.

Now THERE'S a club that has lost its sense of purpose.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Did they explain why you had to watch from the sidelines?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Did they explain why you had to watch from the sidelines?
    I talked to both "directors" (?) and was told that being the last match of the year and that since I had never been to a match that it would not be a good fit for me to shoot.
    I did try to explain that I was NOT new to pistol shooting, even drawing, moving & shooting, ect. That I've taken multiple pistol classes.
    They said training/classes have nothing to do with competition so that was irrelevant. Which I didn't really understand.

User Tag List