Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Thugs, Adaptation,& Concealed Carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    A person can open carry and still not look "strong and wary"; that's just another variant of the "gun as ballistic rabbit's foot" belief.
    In his latest Ballistic Radio interview Tom Givens had a great line about that. The gist was "You think the rabbit's foot is lucky, but remember what happened to the rabbit: somebody killed him and chopped his feet off."
    [side rant- when the hell is SwiftKey going to figure out that when I type "Tom", it's almost always going to be "Givens", and never Cruise or Brady? Jeez.]

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Didn't you share an article a while back about a guy who was open carrying and got robbed?
    Consensus is that the kid who got his .22, open carried in an Uncle Mikes sausage sack, stolen from him in the bad part of town at 0300 involved too many stupid things, stupid places, and stupid people to mean much.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    For BGs to up their game, CCW holders would first have to up theirs enough to be a threat. People on this forum are not the norm in CCW. Most are like a friend of mine who recently said he wants to upgrade from his DB9. I was hoping he'd at least go to something the size of a PPS and CARRY IT instead of leaving it in his truck 90% of the time. His response was that on body carry would be too much of a paradigm shift for him and that he wants a higher dollar/quality micro 9 for the rare occasions he stuffs it in a pocket.
    This is an excellent example of what I came here to say: CCW holders are just not enough of a threat. They're in the minority, first of all, and always will be. And secondly, the overwhelming majority of them don't regularly carry and that's not going to change either. If 10% (a very high number) of the adult population in your area has a carry license, no more than 0.5-1% of them regularly carry. That's only 1 in 100 adults packing heat that the goblins have to worry about - that's really not much and as such they're not going to worry about them.

We're just not enough of a factor to cause the bad guys to change up their game. This is a good thing, because if they do then guess what? Now we have a problem. Right now our countermeasures work pretty damned well, we want to keep it that way. We don't want them to change or adapt, and I really don't think they're going to.
    Last edited by ILoveSigs; 01-18-2015 at 05:05 PM.

User Tag List