Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm ammo opinions please

9mm ammo opinions please

this question is based in the real world of availability and,yes $ matter. did a long web search,including gun bot,looking for 9mm defensive ammo. the highly vaunted fed HST and speer 147 gold dot are nowhere to be found. what seems somewhat available is various golden saber,fed hydrashok and various hornady
    loads. what looks best of the available is the 135gr horn +P. any replies appreciated.

Critical duty and 147gr golden saber are both on the list. I'd probably opt for the critical duty.

I ended up at Gander Mountain the other week. They have plenty of Defensive HP 9mm ammo, but they come at eye watering prices (e.g. beyond $30 -- for a box of 20 GD.)

Sgammo.com seems to have decent selection and prices, and they will email you when stock is replenished. Of course, you have to act quick.

Rich

You can find Federal HST 124gr at rareammo right now. For some reason, GunBot doesn't list them anymore. I also like Barnes TAC-XP these days.

I would try and find standard pressure 124 hst over any of those. It's usually pretty available in 50rnd boxes. After that I'd look at 124+p gold dots, ranger T or bonded in 124, 127 or 147, 147 golden sabers, 124+P golden saber bonded and the 115 dpx. there are a lot of loads I personally would pick over critical duty. I use the 147 hst's personally, but I buy them when I can find them and if not use something else off the list.

thanks for the replies. more are welcome. am doing go.sab.124+p in my shield carry. problem is my new ppx. will need at least 40 to fill it up,have 40 spare and 40+ to make sure they work. $$$$! pdx1 wasn't too accurate in my ppx. got some stand velocity hst but only 60. so,$ vs avaiable vs proven (?) record is the reason for my post. TX.

http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pistol...ition/9mm-9x19

Me? I'd go with the 124gr HST or Gold Dot and call it a day, although I would lose zero sleep going with the +P Critical Duty or Golden Saber

I plan ahead and try to keep a supply of HST or Gold Dot on hand.

Today I ordered some Speer Gold Dot 124 gr +p from Midway.com. It was about $23 for 20 rounds. I also looked at Gander Mountain which had a large selection of Gold Dots in various calibers and weights.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pistol...ition/9mm-9x19

Me? I'd go with the 124gr HST or Gold Dot and call it a day, although I would lose zero sleep going with the +P Critical Duty or Golden Saber
    I just place an order with SG Ammo when my stock is getting low. Right now I am down to my last 100 rounds of so of the Gold Dot 124 +P, so I felt that the standard pressure 124 grain GD load would be a decent substitute. Great company, good prices and they ship quickly. Call me petty, but I detest the 20 round boutique boxes.

User Tag List