Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: San Francisco Municipal Police Code 618: Prohibited Ammunition

The law is illogical, stupid, and likely unconstitutional.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    The law is illogical, stupid, and likely unconstitutional.

Absolutely. But a non-LEO charged with violating it in San Francisco has a very good chance of being convicted by a municipal court judge who knows knowing about guns and ammo but lots about pleasing the politicians who appointed him/her to office, and any ultimate reversal on constitutional grounds will come long after the 6-month prison sentence is over.

I'd be very careful about carrying HP's in San Francisco as a non-LEO (for the few non-LEO's who may carry there, that is). EFMJ would probably be a much safer bet.

They need a major lawsuit against San Francisco when there is a shoot through or richoshet innocent party injury because of this idiotic JHP law.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Virtually NO current military FMJ ammunition is truly Hague compliant if one reads the document closely.
    Aside from that there is the absurdity of Hague in warfare. It's OK to shred enemy with 155mm airburst or mini-guns, but putting an expanding bullet into one is a no-go.

As far as San Fran goes, I agree that it's unconstitutional and stupid, but I'd hate to be the test case. Maybe that's why Dirty Harry carried an M29.

I do believe in the state of New Jersey it is illegal to carry any hollow point ammo. Not sure what the le's there carry. And they add a $ fine per rd of hp.
    Not to many years ago the NYPD changed to HP's because of innocent bystanders being hit by pass thru's.

NJ LEOs are exempt from most (if not all) restrictions.

Also, no one* is legally allowed to carry in NJ, so the choice of round is irrelevant.

* except for the vanishingly small anointed few.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I'm curious how the following scenario would go down. Federal LEO carrying personal firearm on vacation under LEOSA using the same DHS issued HST round he arrives on duty?

User Tag List