Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: US Border Patrol rifle issue

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    The barrel straightness guage is .219 OD and it takes a very nasty barrel to stop one. I've seen one (last year) and it had over 20K rounds down the bore and hadn't ever been bore cleaned (!!!) according to the owner. 15-20 strokes of a solvent soaked bronze brush and a patch out job and it passed. I don't know what's happening with the BP guns but I'd guess there are multiple factors of stupid involved. As an armorer trainer for Colt, I see lots of this in microcosm in my travels of organizations just not doing the simplest PM routines that would prevent this kind of mess.
    My experience is that PM generally only happens in organizations if the leadership is willing to leave their offices and conduct occasional equipment inspections themselves. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    The field guys who know carbines aren't impressed with the switch to sbr's. The guys who stand around with a carbine at inspection stations or who are always in and out of vehicles with their carbines like the switch.
    Getting in and out of vehicle no wonder they want a shorter carbine. That and clearing houses .

I use to laugh at 10.5 and 11.5 5.56mm carbines thinking they are worthless . But with the big selection of B.B. Ammo like TSX & TTBC I think the 5.56mm SBR have a place.

If I didn't have to go a do all the paper work and pay cash for a tax stamp and have a S# engraved I would give up my 14.5+phantoms carbines for 11.5`s or better yet 9inch 6.8.

User Tag List