Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic Radio's 20k rd KAC SR15 Mod2 test

The bolt has different, rounded profile lugs. Also of interest is the smaller cam pin hole strengthening the bolt. Also I believe the gas system is tuned using a different gas tube. (SR25 tube if I recall correctly). I have 2 Mod 1's. They have been the best AR's I have owned so far.

50 yards with an Eotech. I guess it still shoots. 7,623 rounds now.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    You'll get that dime someday!
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    You'll get that dime someday!
    I have a plan...
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

if you cleaned it maybe you could get a good group.

Mike

That really does look like it says 5.58, But what's 0.02 between friends right?
    Good stuff though, looking forward to seeing it clean and what the wear points look like after.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

I understand why this is happening, I don't cringe in horror at the sight of a dirty gun. Its an impressive test and I am curious to see how it turns out. My question is this: I understand this test is being done in the Midwest somewhere (Ohio?). Do you think this rifle would perform differently in an environment where there's more fine dirt and dust blowing around? Or would we see much the same record of reliability.

I asked this question on one of the facebook threads, but I don't think JJ or the Minion (all hail, all hail) saw it, floating as it was on the vast sea of derp that the FB threads swiftly become.. Or maybe you did answer it and I never saw. Or maybe its just a stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    I understand why this is happening, I don't cringe in horror at the sight of a dirty gun. Its an impressive test and I am curious to see how it turns out. My question is this: I understand this test is being done in the Midwest somewhere (Ohio?). Do you think this rifle would perform differently in an environment where there's more fine dirt and dust blowing around? Or would we see much the same record of reliability.

I asked this question on one of the facebook threads, but I don't think JJ or the Minion (all hail, all hail) saw it, floating as it was on the vast sea of derp that the FB threads swiftly become.. Or maybe you did answer it and I never saw. Or maybe its just a stupid question.
    Hard to say. :: shrug:: I think it would perform as well as any other extremely reliable AR put into the same environment.

Environmental issues are somewhat overblown in the commercial AR market, in my admittedly, non-expert opinion. Especially considering the environments most consumers take their rifles out in...
    J.M. Johnston

John, you gonna endurance test the FAL/DSA type creature you posted on bookface? That'd be epic!

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    John, you gonna endurance test the FAL/DSA type creature you posted on bookface? That'd be epic!
    For some reason the thought of shooting 10-20K of 7.62 Nato through a Folding stock FAL strikes me as terrible.
    J.M. Johnston

User Tag List