Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic Radio's 20k rd KAC SR15 Mod2 test

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    So forgive me for not being up to speed with all the "advancements" that Knight has put into their latest SR15 variant, but what (other than quality manufacturing methods) does this rifle have over a standard quality DI rifle (Colt, BCM, or even Smith or Sig-gasp) that allows it to run this way OR is this test simply more indicative of what a quality DI rifle can do when pushed to the extreme?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    Whoa, and it even comes in 5.58mm!?

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    What's the red thing on that light? Simply a red filter?

It appears burnt or melted. Is that from muzzle blast, heat of the light, or me just imagining things?
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    ...OR is this test simply more indicative of what a quality DI rifle can do when pushed to the extreme?
    *taps side of nose*
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    If serious, that says 5.56mm.

Crap! I wanted to be the first civilian to test KAC's 20k round claim of no parts replacement! Unfortunately, my Mod0 didn't hold my attention long enough. Anyway, congrats on the test, looking forward to the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    If serious, that says 5.56mm.
    Indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    They made it for him special . . . it shoots through tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    What's the red thing on that light? Simply a red filter?

It appears burnt or melted. Is that from muzzle blast, heat of the light, or me just imagining things?
    Looks to me like the plastic tube caps you can get from U-line (other packaging suppliers are available) that has been thoroughly seasoned by muzzle blast:
    http://www.uline.com/bl_3702/Clear-Tube-End-Caps

A pretty slick way to keep the schmutz off the lens of the flashlight when you don't need it and cheaper than buying a Surefire beamcover.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    That is stellar, I'd be willing to bet you're making some OCD gun owners cry right now with those photos. I love it! If you've got time Sparks2112 care to throw out a few answers?

1. How many rounds suppressed vs non?
    2. What types of ammunition have you run? Not asking for a break down but I am curious as to the reliability with varying ammo quality.
    2. What lube are you running on it and whats the frequency of lubrication?
    3. What distance did you shoot at for your accuracy testing and was it benched?
    4. What ammo did you use to get your results and how repeatable were they?
    5. Would you replace your current AR platforms with the SR-15 based on its overall performance and accuracy or do you have plans to?

Thanks in advance.

My bad you posted while I was writing out my questions about number of rounds suppressed. Just ignore that one please.
    2. The vast majority of the ammo has been Freedom Munitions 55gr, which they donated for the test.

3. 100 yards unless otherwise noted, and oh yeah. Honestly though, this is probably a .5-.75 MOA gun. I don't have the glass or the skills to take advantage of it is all.

4. MK262 MOD1, and very consistent I'd say.

5. I'm already a Fan of KAC. My go to rifle is one of their 11.5" SBRs. That having been said. I'd feel fine with a Colt, BCM, DD, etc... They're kind of like Noveske. Yes the KAC is "better" than other ARs, but is it $600-$800 better? I dunno...
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    So forgive me for not being up to speed with all the "advancements" that Knight has put into their latest SR15 variant, but what (other than quality manufacturing methods) does this rifle have over a standard quality DI rifle (Colt, BCM, or even Smith or Sig-gasp) that allows it to run this way OR is this test simply more indicative of what a quality DI rifle can do when pushed to the extreme?
    Proprietary BCG that's supposed to increase longevity and reliability. So far I believe them.

Most quality DI guns can do this exact same thing for the most part. IF the KAC goes all 20K rounds without a failure or breakage though, it'll be in a class of durability all it's own.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

User Tag List