Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thread on HK-Pro on a possible sale of HK USA

Thread on HK-Pro on a possible sale of HK USA

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-talk/2...been-sold.html

I have been wondering about the recent $200 rebate program, and if it somehow relates -- as in if there was a sale, it might not have included inventory, and HK USA is trying to blow it out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Most of my sources all shrugged with a "I haven't heard anything". While not out of the realm of possibility at all, most of what I have seen have been WAGs. Now, would it break my heart if HK USA were more independent from the German restrictions, mostly made here and based in Texas (I just took the good speculation).......no, because I could get in on a night janitor job and hopefully employee discounts.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

I have been wondering about the recent $200 rebate program, and if it somehow relates -- as in if there was a sale, it might not have included inventory, and HK USA is trying to blow it out.
    May Baby Odin have mercy if Taurus has acquired HK.......
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

As I read the fine print on the "rebate" program, that has been posted in various places, its a credit card deal, I believe. You buy the pistol, agree to take a credit card and theres a $200. credit on the card. If I have that right, it reminded me of a couple other credit card/consumer product/service company joint ventures. Southwest keeps trying to get me to sign up again. As such, and If I have that right this would be a deal between HK and the CC company. As such would not think it relates to this bit of scuttlebutt.

I don't think its a credit card, I thought it was a prepaid card.

My local dealer said "Pre-Paid Visa" card so you can use your rebate most anywhere. Not sure how accurate this is as I knew abut the rebate a week or so before they did just from the forums.

YMMV
    Energy goes where attention flows.

The related thread on their financials from this Summer is even more hair raising. http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-talk/2...tatements.html
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Regardless of whether it is credit card, rebate check or something else of value, focus on what the likely margin per pistol is to HK. $200 has to be a big number. Think about what this rebate is likely to mean to 2015 first half sales, and their ability to sell those rebate products at full price again anytime soon. Something is up.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

It looks like the majority owner of H&K took too much money out of the company and it is now essentially broke. If that is correct, sooner or later the lenders will take it over and sell it to someone else.

Given H&K's reputation, my guess is that there will be a number of possible buyers (hopefully as Gardone points out, Taurus won't be one of them), and once it is recapitalized H&K will do fine.

In the meantime, take advantage of its lack of liquidity to buy its products at a discount. The next few years might be rocky on quality, and you might never get to take advantage of these prices again. It probably would be a good idea to stock up on mags and spare parts if you do so, though.

GJM does bring up a scary point. rebates have an annoying conditioning affect on the buying populace. (think cars for example.)
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List