Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New "RDS" optic about to hit the market

New "RDS" optic about to hit the market

The Cthulhu reticle of the Aimpoint is enough for me to pay attention to what is coming. If it can come close on battery life I'll be happy. Even 1 year would be nice.
    Last edited by orionz06; 10-22-2014 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Does anyone ever read these?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    The chtulu reticle of the Aimpoint is enough for me to pay attention to what is coming. If it can come close on battery life I'll be happy. Even 1 year would be nice.
    What is this you speak of? Chtulu?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

So is this thread about Aimpoints, Eotechs, or the Leupold new-hotness?

Evidently there is a screen grab somewhere from a VTAC video that purports to show one.

My eyes -- combination of an Aimpoint and magnifier is useless. Just the Aimpoint is fine for quick and dirty, but a problem when shooting groups at 100 or 200 yards.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So is this thread about Aimpoints, Eotechs, or the Leupold new-hotness?

Evidently there is a screen grab somewhere from a VTAC video that purports to show one.
    Somebody mentioned wanting an EO style reticle, which them caused me to steer things off into EI Tech reticla land.

If this new optic is etched then it should work regardless if the power goes dead or not. If it's got a useful reticle, it's tough, and good run time, then it's likely to be a winner.

How's that?

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Found this on Google:
    http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...EW-Leupold-LCO

And now that I know it's named the LCO, here's more talk/detail:
    http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....pold-LCO-optic
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Imagine an Eotech styled optic with an etched reticle that takes CR123 batteries and has clearer glass than an Eotech. 1 MOA dot likely.

Leupold is about to dump such a beast on the market. Astigmatism sufferers rejoice!

Aww yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Somebody mentioned wanting an EO style reticle, which them caused me to steer things off into EI Tech reticla land.

If this new optic is etched then it should work regardless if the power goes dead or not. If it's got a useful reticle, it's tough, and good run time, then it's likely to be a winner.

How's that?
    I like it!

My guess would be that the reticule would be more Prismatic than Eotech (minuscule difference, i know), especially if it's etched like everyone seems to think it will be.

I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on a Leu Prismatic last month.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    What is this you speak of? Chtulu?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Yeah that was me mid-Summer when these guys took a thread all Chtulu. They wouldn't tell me. I had to look up. It's a thing.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List