Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Beretta M92A1 Recoil Impulse-Wet Noodle Syndrome.

Not the best video in the world as i was pressed for time but the first clip shows my 92A1 with the clipped, correctly installed 11 lb spring. Not quite as bouncy but still a bit of flubber going on there. The second clip is an M9A1 with a 12 lb spring. Not the same angle and hard to tell but it didnt oscillate quite as much. My springs came in today so another range trip this weekend will be in order to test a 9 and 10 lb spring in the 92A1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94-vrvnKeNA

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Not the best video in the world as i was pressed for time but the first clip shows my 92A1 with the clipped, correctly installed 11 lb spring. Not quite as bouncy but still a bit of flubber going on there. The second clip is an M9A1 with a 12 lb spring. Not the same angle and hard to tell but it didnt oscillate quite as much. My springs came in today so another range trip this weekend will be in order to test a 9 and 10 lb spring in the 92A1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94-vrvnKeNA
    Hmmm... I notice that the guns are devoid of grease... I think a 9# will be the ticket...

The following footage is of the Elite with a 9# spring and a ton of grease... (I'm 6'4" and weight 240, so, ugh, I think that helps a bit too...)

I don't care for the Impulse the 147gr loads have in my HK P30S.

I can tell a big difference between standard pressure 124gr and 147gr.

You might try just using 115gr and 124gr bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I don't care for the Impulse the 147gr loads have in my HK P30S.

I can tell a big difference between standard pressure 124gr and 147gr.

You might try just using 115gr and 124gr bullets.
    Already on it. Working up a 124 grain load today for testing this weekend.

Good luck

Problem fixed.

The gun does have a unique recoil impulse but here is what was going on.

I loaded up some Bayou 124's at 1.15 length on top of 4.5 grains of WST and mixed brass. I chrono'd using MY chronograph and got 131k power factor. I re-chrono'd the ammo i used to shoot the videos and...yeah...140k power factor...the ammo was HOT as hell which explains why the gun was bouncing around everywhere with the springs that were in the gun.

I also threw in a 9 lb recoil spring from wolf and the gun shoots like a dream albeit in a unique manner with the new ammo.

Also, a note. With the round nosed bayou rounds, the chamber is like a hot dog in a hallway. I could load the bayou RN bullet to 1.169 which is the saami max length for 9mm with no issues.

Cool! I am going to keep shooting this thing and see how it holds up with the light springs. 2800 rounds down the pipe and still going strong...for now.

Problem fixed.

The gun does have a unique recoil impulse but here is what was going on.

I loaded up some Bayou 124's at 1.15 length on top of 4.5 grains of WST and mixed brass. I chrono'd using MY chronograph and got 131k power factor. I re-chrono'd the ammo i used to shoot the videos and...yeah...140k power factor...the ammo was HOT as hell which explains why the gun was bouncing around everywhere with the springs that were in the gun.

I also threw in a 9 lb recoil spring from wolf and the gun shoots like a dream albeit in a unique manner with the new ammo.

Also, a note. With the round nosed bayou rounds, the chamber is like a hot dog in a hallway. I could load the bayou RN bullet to 1.169 which is the saami max length for 9mm with no issues.

Cool! I am going to keep shooting this thing and see how it holds up with the light springs. 2800 rounds down the pipe and still going strong...for now.
    Did the POI change with the 124r load?
    Energy goes where attention flows.

Yes, its still a smidge high at 25 yards but its WAY better, ie its acceptable. Its about 2 inches high at 25 which i can deal with.

Yes, its still a smidge high at 25 yards but its WAY better, ie its acceptable. Its about 2 inches high at 25 which i can deal with.
    That's good glad it's working out brother.
    Energy goes where attention flows.

2inches aint so bad!

If hind sight was 20/20 I wish I would of bought a 92A2 / M9A1 or MK25 over my P30S 9mm!
    Don't get me wrong my P30S is a good pistol it just that I think the above pistols shoot softer .

BTW how long have you been a TDA shooter. We are a rare breed now a days.

User Tag List