Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Speer Gold Dot G2 147 grain PT 9mm

This ammo is more accurate like OTM for rifles. Right? Just sayin'
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    This ammo is more accurate like OTM for rifles. Right? Just sayin'
    It is indeed more accurate.

Will this be available to the general public like the original Gold Dot, or is Speer going to go the "LE Only" route like HST and Ranger-T are? I realize that HST and Ranger are available to the public, I'm just mildly curious about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Will this be available to the general public like the original Gold Dot, or is Speer going to go the "LE Only" route like HST and Ranger-T are? I realize that HST and Ranger are available to the public, I'm just mildly curious about this.
    I would bet that places already selling the 50-round boxes of HST and GD will be able to get this through the same channels. But as much as ATK is bound to sell when it first comes out (I'm sure the amount of contracts they ALREADY have is insane), I seriously doubt we'll see any 20-round non-LE marked boxes for a hot minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Handgun Planet View Post
    I would bet that places already selling the 50-round boxes of HST and GD will be able to get this through the same channels. But as much as ATK is bound to sell when it first comes out (I'm sure the amount of contracts they ALREADY have is insane), I seriously doubt we'll see any 20-round non-LE marked boxes for a hot minute.
    I agree, the local Glock LEA Dealer sells Gold Dot over the counter and keeps a good supply in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    It is indeed more accurate.
    "More accurate" than what?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Ammunition Manufacturers did this to appease politicians by labeling them LEO Only and supposedly not selling them directly to non-leo instead of legislation banning them for non-leo after incidents like the 101 California Shooting in 1993.
    Thankfully it makes it only slightly more difficult to buy at worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    "More accurate" than what?
    Most FMJ 9 mm ammo--which ought to be good enough for a JAG opinion, I'd hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Ammunition Manufacturers did this to appease politicians by labeling them LEO Only and supposedly not selling them directly to non-leo instead of legislation banning them for non-leo after incidents like the 101 California Shooting in 1993.
    Thankfully it makes it only slightly more difficult to buy at worse.
    I think labeling this as appeasing legislatures is a misnomer. The evidence of that is the fact that all of the rounds (except T-Series) are also sold in 20-round boxes to civilians. The LE pricing and distribution are separate because state/local agencies don't have to pay the 11% FAET and regular sales do. Why companies mark it up more than 11% is another matter entirely, but they aren't marked "LE" just because of some fear that legislatures will ban them.

Quote Originally Posted by Handgun Planet View Post
    I think labeling this as appeasing legislatures is a misnomer. The evidence of that is the fact that all of the rounds (except T-Series) are also sold in 20-round boxes to civilians. The LE pricing and distribution are separate because state/local agencies don't have to pay the 11% FAET and regular sales do. Why companies mark it up more than 11% is another matter entirely, but they aren't marked "LE" just because of some fear that legislatures will ban them.

Read up on what happened with the incident I posted above and the original AWB, things have changed after 20 years but the original intention still stands, just like removing the black lubalox coating on Black Talons and renaming them Ranger SXT.

User Tag List