Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Speer Gold Dot G2 147 grain PT 9mm

Site Supporter
    What was the test protocol?
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

What was the expansion and penetration on those? Did you measure?

Anybody run these through a chronograph yet?

I think Ill will stick with the older 9mm ammo for now .

Any updates?

I'd love to see chrono numbers on this stuff, I'd love to see gel data even more.

This guy claims to have some 180gr .40 G2. Legit, or someone with standard GD and a hot glue gun?

http://www.armslist.com/posts/369654...r--boxes-of-50
    One of the biggest and most common mistakes gun owners make is assuming that they are done learning how to shoot.

What's up with him selling it for half price!

To bad he don't ship it, I'd love to test some into some gel...

Quote Originally Posted by 2alpha-down0 View Post
    This guy claims to have some 180gr .40 G2. Legit, or someone with standard GD and a hot glue gun?

http://www.armslist.com/posts/369654...r--boxes-of-50
    If you look closely at the picture, there are "cuts" down the outside of the bullet, certainly not standard gold dot and hot glue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    2880[/ATTACH]
    ATK sent me a different lot of ammunition to test. The 4 on the right are the old batch, 4 on the left are the new. Same testing procedure, so apparently I'm not crazy after all.

Sparks, the ones I shot in the water tank yesterday must have been from that same "bad" batch. Spotty to none expansion, yet they didn't "penetrate" into the tank any further than other various JHPs I've fired into that same tank. These cartridges came from a friend interested in this stuff; no clue where he got them, what the box marking was, etc. The first three were shot out of his G26, two of which didn't expand at all. The second three were shot out of his G17; all three of these expanded somewhat but not impressively. They did, however, make it about a foot farther, penetration-wise.

All in all, rather unimpressive (to me). That said, I am certain that the feebs have exhaustively tested this stuff before choosing it. If I was still working (and carrying a 9mm), I might give it a shot for the improved penetration. However, anything I might be unfortunate enough to have to shoot will likely be unprotected meat; so I'll stay with HST, thank you.

User Tag List