Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Speer Gold Dot G2 147 grain PT 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    And would that ammunition be in a box like the one on the left? Or the one on the right? Thanks!

54226, but that shouldn't matter either. The only difference between the two is the intended end user.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    54226, but that shouldn't matter either. The only difference between the two is the intended end user.
    That was my speculation, but I'm not sure if we've seen any conclusive evidence to suggest that, besides the GOV marking on the 54227. Didn't we find that the headstamps on the 54227 floating around are 2014 and the 54226 are 2013?

Did the ATK engineer confirm this or offer any other details on the G2 you can share?

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    That was my speculation, but I'm not sure if we've seen any conclusive evidence to suggest that, besides the GOV marking on the 54227. Didn't we find that the headstamps on the 54227 floating around are 2014 and the 54226 are 2013?

Did the ATK engineer confirm this or offer any other details on the G2 you can share?
    I know for a fact that the only difference between the 54227/54226 is the intended end user. Let's just leave it at that for now.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

That is correct--same ammo.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I have to wonder if the variable is in the polymer filler in the hollow point cavity, and if there is any aging effect that occurs when the ammo gets older that hasn't been previously discovered i testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I have to wonder if the variable is in the polymer filler in the hollow point cavity, and if there is any aging effect that occurs when the ammo gets older that hasn't been previously discovered i testing.
    Do you have any info that lead to this conclusion? IT appears to be a big leap from "its a bad batch in our new product" to a very specific hypothesis.

Just thinking about possible variables that would effect the testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Just thinking about possible variables that would effect the testing.
    I believe that has been ruled out.
    J.M. Johnston

I posted this group in a thread on the Marksmanship forum, but it may be relevant here as well. This is a 5 shot group I fired at 25 yards tonight with this 147gr GD2 ammo standing/unsupported with my stock gen4 Glock 19. POI/POA was right on (held center of upper A zone). POI did not differ at all from 147gr Winchester Ranger Bonded or 147gr Gold Dot.

Nice job!

User Tag List