Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Pizza For Old Men

Quote Originally Posted by medic15al View Post
    Sounds like an Ambien dream.... of course I would be the fat man..
    Maybe I should quit buying my Merlot at the farm store. �� I have to admit, sometimes I have to fight down the urge to laugh when the scenario is read to me. Still, it's a fun game to shoot, the little bit I've done it.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

I don't think those were standard issue mushrooms on your pizza...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by NETim
    No Pizza For Old Men...
    ...especially right before bedtime!
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    There's talk of a BUG match coming up, so I thought I'd help out the MD with a scenario.

Naturally, it should be as realistic as possible.

So:

"No Pizza For Old Men"
    Dude, that was awesome. What we need is a match with stages that have an epic backstory. That could be one for a BUG stage. I have another for epic match backstory for a stage:

You're at the Golden Corral, drawn there by the promise of the Chocolate Wonder-fall. You're waddling along in line wearing your size 52 5.11 pants armed with your trusty Glock in the mandatory nylon shoulder holster sourced from the table selling beanie babies and nylon holsters at the gunshow. Getting to the mac and cheese can be difficult since the edge of you is so far from where your arms actually end. This requires you to do a pretty aggressive lean to get to the cheesy goodness. Unbeknownst to you, the incredibly reliable snap on your nylon holster (made proudly in Phuket) came undone and your Glock slides out of the holster and PLOP! Right into the mashed potatoes.

At that moment, masked gunmen burst through the front door.

It's happened. This is your moment. You need to know that you can pull your Glock out of those instant potatoes and start being the sheepdog you were always meant to be. Years of chronic self abuse have taught you how to accomplish a wide range of tasks while your hands are covered in fake butter...so you have no trouble assuming a business-like grip on the Glock. As you level the Glock on the chest of the closest baddie, you take comfort in the knowledge that if you die here today the EMT's probably won't know that the brown stain in your undies was there before you showed up at the restaurant. They'll assume it was post-mortem.

The whole thing must be done while Richie Sambora's guitar solo from "Dead or Alive" is playing in the background.
    3/15/2016

So...........sounds like that really good weed from Colorado is getting over the border to Nebraska. They apparantly can't handle it yet.

I thought my shorty 45/70 and .444 were small.........I am now lusting for a something new. Knowing how hard my short .45/70 hits, I am thinking 30/30 maybe a better bet for that one, or .45 Colt.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    So...........sounds like that really good weed from Colorado is getting over the border to Nebraska. They apparantly can't handle it yet.

I thought my shorty 45/70 and .444 were small.........I am now lusting for a something new. Knowing how hard my short .45/70 hits, I am thinking 30/30 maybe a better bet for that one, or .45 Colt.
    I was just looking at .45 Colt Winchesters the other day...

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I was just looking at .45 Colt Winchesters the other day...
    I have an awesome one thanks to SASS "Gamers". Apparently the Winchester didn't hold enough rounds for a SASS competitor and are not as easy to work up, so I got a smoking deal on an older 94 Trapper saddle ring carbine with the short barrel, no safety and a color case finish in .45 Colt. With its companion .45 Colt Vaquero Birds head revolvers (4 5/8 and a 3 3/4) in custom Gordon Davis leather makes me really happy. It is really a "if I was a Lawman in the late 1800's" rig.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

We used to do a bunch of this kind of crazy scenario stuff back in the 90s. One memorable match had a mannequin in an authentic Yugoslav army uniform (nicknamed "Herb the Serb") on the ground at Station 2. After you ran your single pistol mag dry, you had to ground the pistol, run up to Herb, scavenge his Makarov and F/A Uzi, and complete the stage. The kicker was that the Uzi only had three rounds in it. The smart way to play was to use the Uzi on semi, with the stock extended, to ding the three 25-yard plates, then ground it (gently) and use the Mak for the rest of the stage.

And don't get me started on the annual 'creek match'. That was always a blast.

I think there's a definite place for some lighthearted stages in a club-level match. As much as we focus on the defensive aspects of shooting, sometimes it's good to remember that it's a hell of a lot of fun to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    And don't get me started on the annual 'creek match'. That was always a blast.
    Big smiley face here.

We were doing reloads with retention before they were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Big smiley face here.

We were doing reloads with retention before they were cool.
    Yeah, after that dude lost a pre-ban G17 mag in the creek, everyone started to pay real close attention to retaining mags, empty or not

User Tag List