Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WML's- Let's Discuss some options.......

WML's- Let's Discuss some options.......

Been reading up on the WML's and I have used only SF x300 since 09. They've just always worked and I always shopped around and found good prices. I want to try something different and not as large. Mine is the regular X300, not a u not the x400 etc. I have seen the APL but never handled one, and seems the Gen 2 has the issues sorted out. What else is comparable to the APL.......?

Has anyone used the Glock brand WML?

Host firearm is a G17.....

Thanks

What are you hoping to accomplish with it?

We have not found anything superior to the X300U.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by lightning fast View Post
    What are you hoping to accomplish with it?
    I'm not trying to re-hash an ongoing argument but have been considering EDC with a wml attached and I will soon (soon as I can get a JM AIWB holster) be giving AIWB a try, of course for some time not "live", and I was thinking the apl has a smaller footprint and that might make a big difference with this mode of EDC.......
    Energy goes where attention flows.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    We have not found anything superior to the X300U.
    TY Doc, and I know from conversations we have had in the past on other boards you guys put your gear through the paces. Hope all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-Medic View Post
    I'm not trying to re-hash an ongoing argument but have been considering EDC with a wml attached and I will soon (soon as I can get a JM AIWB holster) be giving AIWB a try, of course for some time not "live", and I was thinking the apl has a smaller footprint and that might make a big difference with this mode of EDC.......
    For EDC, it seems some people do just fine with the Surefire offerings. Others have spoken fondly of the APL and the CT Light Guard. I only have experience with the x300, which I do not EDC. I have seriously considered picking up the LightGuard for experimenting.

I have a X300 on a long gun and use the APL on a G17. I think the X300 is a better light, but the APL is smaller, lighter and fits the G17 quite nicely. I'm using a JM Custom OWB for mine.

I find the X300/U lights to be too bulky for me. The APL is very bright, thin and doesn't weigh much. It's my choice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    I have a X300 on a long gun and use the APL on a G17. I think the X300 is a better light, but the APL is smaller, lighter and fits the G17 quite nicely. I'm using a JM Custom OWB for mine.

Your thread actually is what got the hamster on the wheel on this so to speak but I did not want to hijack it. I'm not as caught up in the lumen war as most as my standard X300 which is old and puny in the lumen dept by today's standards has done just well in many carbine classes at night lighting steel plates at 50 yards plus in pure darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    I find the X300/U lights to be too bulky for me. The APL is very bright, thin and doesn't weigh much. It's my choice as well.
    Thanks, I'm going to see if I spot ones used as I'm in no hurry at this point.

Still curious though if anyone has used a Glock brand WML with any seriousness........

Most folks I know who have tried the Glock lights have moved on to other offerings...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List