Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Female IWB and OWB holster recommendations for a Walther PPS 9mm?

The only holster that my daughter has found that she can conceal her PPS reliably is the Raven VG2 or a belly band. Most current in style clothing for women, especially younger women, is very snug and tight fitting. It is extremely tough. We literally went through my box of holsters and tried every possible version (the only one I don't have is a sample from JM Custom). Dark Star Gear's clip on one works pretty well for her, but even that is so-so in concealment for her. Certainly for summer months in AZ. With cooler weather coming up, that one may be a good option.

But whatever the suggestions are, don't push her to accept what you think is good. Help HER find the best. My daughter did not talk to me for two days after I kept insisting that she needed to completely change her clothing choices.........

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    But whatever the suggestions are, don't push her to accept what you think is good. Help HER find the best.
    That is exactly what I am doing. I am discussing the pros and cons of each type of holster, belt loops, carry position, ride height, etc. And then letting her decide what she thinks will work best for her. We've already played with her triple-checked unloaded gun at various positions on her belt, and we're making progress. She's make some initial decisions on what may work, and what she is not interested in.

Chris

3Speed Holster I think it would work real well for women. I wear mine at 1:00-1:30 but it is made for 12:00 deep conceal.

My wife swears by the Comp Tac Mtac. Carries a G26 in a corporate dress code both comfortably enough that she actually ends up carrying and concealable enough that she can wear it to work and not get forced to leave it at home.

Not it to sure why the Mtac gets a beating from guys who give the VG2 a pass. Both make compromises in utility for comfort and or concealability.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post

3Speed Holster I think it would work real well for women. I wear mine at 1:00-1:30 but it is made for 12:00 deep conceal.
    Watch out for these kinds of holsters (SmartCarry, 3Speed, etc). They don't allow for crossing of legs in many cases, so. That is an issue for some people.

To carry her Shield my wife uses a Fist #1K, a Raven VG2, Smartcarry or some lycra shorts with a nylon holster sewn to them (like a belly band, but shorts) depending on clothing.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I think the CTAC maybe a little better in that respect. It will reliably hold the pistol where the user puts it long enough to determine a carry position. Attachments leave a lot to be desired as their clips are plastic and break often.
    I've had very good luck with the CTAC (Glock 17/19) for a long time. I actually prefer it to the Milt Sparks Versa Max2 or Summer Special 2. The VM2 tends to slide around due to the smooth finish and, for me, and isn't as concealable as the CTAC on my body. The CTAC stays put and is my top choice for SS IWB carry of a G17/19. I coat the back with Mole Skin and that makes it very comfortable to carry.

I'm surprised to hear about the clips breaking often. That hasn't been my experience, but its's sample of two thing.

Holster selection is such an individual choice, which is why we have drawer full we don't use anymore.

I'm a huge Smartcarry fan, but my wife didn't care for it. She carries more in a purse than anything else. I've learned to pick my battles (2nd wife) and so I'm just happy she carries a gun and has gotten good training, and she goes to the range with me once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Holster selection being what it is, I find the "Comptac monstrosities" to be a great stepping stone holster for folks that don't necessarily know what they need yet. They offer near infinite adjustability both in terms of ride height and cant in a comfortable, durable, tuckable and relatively inexpensive design. They also offer additional shells for other pistols, again, catering really well to folks new to carry that may not have a platform 100% finalized.

t
    Never tried a Comptac or Cross breed holsters. They look like they would be comfortable with all that backing.

My main reason for not trying one is because I've had excellent luck with what I call a Fold Over IWB.

I do love the IWB-Light holster Tony/JM made me based on his V3 IWB. I hope to have another one if and when we get our APL GEN2?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I've had very good luck with the CTAC (Glock 17/19) for a long time. I actually prefer it to the Milt Sparks Versa Max2 or Summer Special 2. The VM2 tends to slide around due to the smooth finish and, for me, and isn't as concealable as the CTAC on my body. The CTAC stays put and is my top choice for SS IWB carry of a G17/19. I coat the back with Mole Skin and that makes it very comfortable to carry.

I'm surprised to hear about the clips breaking often. That hasn't been my experience, but its's sample of two thing.

Holster selection is such an individual choice, which is why we have drawer full we don't use anymore.
    I am a big fan of the CTAC. I normally carry a S&W M&P9FS in a CTAC but have a CTAC for G26 too.

User Tag List