Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: "Carry" vs. "Combat" Handguns

Site Supporter
    That's why I don't carry under a polo or other shirt. I have lt. weight flopping shirts over the gun and my t-shirt or polo shirt. Cooler weather - a fleece vest works fine. As far as the shirt being too short - there are longer shirts you can buy. I look for that.

I agree a bit about grips. The 26 is easier to conceal. For my ability range, I don't see that much a difference. I do like and think I shoot my 4th Gen Glock 17 better. I love that gun. I was very few points down with it this weekend. But it does start to get pokey-out to carry.

But whatever you shoot well and conceal is better than a multi-cultural dance festival and folks waving candles in the air after you are gone.

I do find my North American Arms Mini in 22S easy to conceal. I bought it because it was cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-Medic View Post
    Sounds like it's time to look at a G19
    Tempting....

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    34...lol
    Been awhile haha

Still using the AIWB with the foam wedge thing?

-RBid/Biddy

If you don't carry it every day, it's not every day carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Biddy View Post
    Been awhile haha

Still using the AIWB with the foam wedge thing?

-RBid/Biddy

If you don't carry it every day, it's not every day carry.
    Yep, no change here.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    For my body shape and clothing styles, I find a shorter grip is the most important asset to more effective concealment--more so than grip thickness. The G26 & M&P9c conceal well, but are not as "shootable" as larger pistols; likewise, the G17 & M&P9 shoot great, but the grips are a bit too long for easy "concealability". While I prefer shooting my M&P9 and find carrying my M&P9c a bit easier, when looked at in aggregate the G19 is the optimum compromise for daily carry at this point in my life, as it offers the best balance of "concealability" vs. "shootability" in a single package.
    Very well said Doc. I have thought this for a while, but you expressed it better than I have been able to.

I shoot my M&P 9 rather well. My M&P9c is very comfortable to carry and I shoot it fairly well. But it's grip is too short for me, especially with the large back strap I require on my M&P pistols. My Glock 19 is a great compromise of shoot ability and concealability.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Tell us more about how to conceal guns!

Under a North Face jacket three sizes too big! ;D

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Under a North Face jacket three sizes too big! ;D
    That sounds hot and uncomfortable, but I'd imagine you can carry a no-kiddin' gun that way.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Tom himself has said on a number of occasions that every robbery, aggravated assault, rape, and murder is an opportunity for the justified use of lethal force. In 2011 that stuff happened to just under 2 million people. The overwhelming majority of the victims were unarmed.
    If that 2 million figure comes from the FBI UCR Report, its probably wrong. The truth is -- as far as I can determine -- unknowable, but due to the flaws in the way that data is compiled, that 2 million number is probably significantly higher. I would be happy to expand upon the flaws in UCR either here or in another thread if anyone cares.

Me personally, I used to be a G19 all day every day type. I got sick of lugging it around and went to a Kahr CM9 for a little while but was never really comfortable with it and couldn't master the trigger. I've since made the switch to a G26 and I don't see myself going back to either. The G19 is the new bedside gun with a TLR1 and the Kahr was sold. Shooting them side by side, I actually shoot the G26 with gap floorplates more accurately then the G19 for some reason although I can run the G19 a bit faster. A G26 with 11 in the gun and a 17rnd spare is no slouch and it's much easier for me to conceal especially under T shirts and other light garments.

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    Me personally, I used to be a G19 all day every day type. I got sick of lugging it around and went to a Kahr CM9 for a little while but was never really comfortable with it and couldn't master the trigger. I've since made the switch to a G26 and I don't see myself going back to either. The G19 is the new bedside gun with a TLR1 and the Kahr was sold. Shooting them side by side, I actually shoot the G26 with gap floorplates more accurately then the G19 for some reason although I can run the G19 a bit faster. A G26 with 11 in the gun and a 17rnd spare is no slouch and it's much easier for me to conceal especially under T shirts and other light garments.
    this is why I hardly never grab my MP FS and always put the MP 9c in my JM holster. With the pinky extension and stippling I have added the compact is close to being as easy for me to master as the fullsize. With that stated I know its a compromise but I feel like 29 rounds on my person plus the ease of carry makes it a educated compromise at this point.

User Tag List