Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: "Carry" vs. "Combat" Handguns

Not being a Floridian, native or otherwise, all I can say is this...

I have been to both parks several times over the years, with the kids. I will NOT step foot on Disney property ever again, because they are truly dicks about anything "security related". If their security types were actually able to handle a REAL emergency (I.e., an armed asshole/assholes), then I could see the point. But Disney security types are no different from any other unarmed "security"; with the exception of their attitudes.

I personally have never had an issue at either park (Disney or Universal); concealed is concealed. But I have witnessed several incidents, involving citizens who tried to be honest or just slipped up. Those Disney goons are quite confused... They think they are the real po-lice.

Anyway, an interesting discussion but a moot one, for me. HR 218 gives me no special exemption, so I take my chances like everybody else when I'm out of state. If I get made, I'll leave when told to. The trick is to be professional and not get made.

BTW… while normal activities don't involve them, they did set up metal detectors for an all-night 'special event' last night.

FYI…

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    BTW… while normal activities don't involve them, they did set up metal detectors for an all-night 'special event' last night.

FYI…

Are you talking about the Halloween thing at Universal?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-Medic View Post
    Has something changed since this happened:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...lorida-gun-law
    Not really, however the Disney policy with respect to the law being discussed in that article affects Disney employees, not guests.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    Are you talking about the Halloween thing at Universal?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    Not really, however the Disney policy with respect to the law being discussed in that article affects Disney employees, not guests.
    Yes I am aware of that 100%, but if they don't allow an employee to have a gun in his/her car in the parking lot why would they allow a civilian to carry one inside one of their parks?
    Energy goes where attention flows.

Yes I am aware of that 100%, but if they don't allow an employee to have a gun in his/her car in the parking lot why would they allow a civilian to carry one inside one of their parks?
    "Allow" is a tricky word.

I'm sure they would say they don't allow it.

Whether they mean it is really the question.

Many entities don't really mean it and just put up signs, search off-body bags, etc. That doesn't cause their stated policy to become reality.

Pat-downs done well plus magnetometers tells me they mean it. Otherwise, I don't think they really do. Kind of cynical, but that's how I see it. To me, the true policy is defined by the actual, physical measures used to keep weapons out.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

How does Disney get to violate FL law?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    How does Disney get to violate FL law?
    That is basically what my question is?
    Energy goes where attention flows.

Site Supporter
    My old issue Gen 3 G22 is my primary off duty carry instead of my current issue G23. Despite the longer grips, the longer slide carried IWB is just more comfortable. The G23 carried in the same holster in the same place gouges my butt cheek sometimes. Not to mention that I shoot the 22 slighty better...

User Tag List