Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Wrap-Around Document Briefcase

Custom Wrap-Around Document Briefcase

Quite a while back, one of my customers who happens to be a forum member, contacted me about a custom job. He wanted a truly custom briefcase. He showed me examples of cases he liked. The issue was, he was having trouble finding the exact configuration he wanted. Liking the challenge I said yes.

While everything seemed fairly straight forward, i was in for quite the lesson. This case took me WAAAYYYY longer than I expected. I guess I didn't truly account for learning curve. After several ruined components and the smell of wood burning furiously, every time I thought my way through it, I had a finished product that I am very happy with.

The case shipped out yesterday, via priority mail. With the customers permission, I am posting pictures.
    The case is made from Horween #1 horsehide and Chromexel. It is lined in red buffalo calf. It comes with a full newspaper pocket on the back, three main compartments(one with pockets for a tablet) and a fully gusseted accessory pocket. The accessory pocket can hold a phone, biz cards, pens, eyeglass cases, etc. It also has a sewn in hook for hanging a keychain. There is also strategically placed velcro to accept the mandatory holster that I am working on now

Hope you enjoy,

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Daaaaayyum
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Very nice work. Wow!
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Site Supporter
    Someone has great taste!

That is well designed and beautifully executed. It was definitely worth the wait.

Thanks to the owner and the creator for the pictures.

Site Supporter
    That is a heirloom item right there, I can see some lucky grandkid or great grandkid carrying that around 100 years from now. Things like that are what makes America great.

Cookie Monster

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    Quite a while back, one of my customers who happens to be a forum member, contacted me about a custom job. He wanted a truly custom briefcase. He showed me examples of cases he liked. The issue was, he was having trouble finding the exact configuration he wanted. Liking the challenge I said yes.

While everything seemed fairly straight forward, i was in for quite the lesson. This case took me WAAAYYYY longer than I expected. I guess I didn't truly account for learning curve. After several ruined components and the smell of wood burning furiously, every time I thought my way through it, I had a finished product that I am very happy with.

The case shipped out yesterday, via priority mail. With the customers permission, I am posting pictures.
    The case is made from Horween #1 horsehide and Chromexel. It is lined in red buffalo calf. It comes with a full newspaper pocket on the back, three main compartments(one with pockets for a tablet) and a fully gusseted accessory pocket. The accessory pocket can hold a phone, biz cards, pens, eyeglass cases, etc. It also has a sewn in hook for hanging a keychain. There is also strategically placed velcro to accept the mandatory holster that I am working on now

Hope you enjoy,

That looks awesome! hopefully your customer will post pics with the holster attached when he gets it.

Absolutely Handsome and beautifully crafted!

Classy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Whoa...

User Tag List