Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why I heart traffic cops;

This is why I heart traffic cops;

I used to be one of those teenagers who had a $350 Radar Detector,owned every DVD of F&F and thought the speed limit was an unconstitutional money grab. I dont participate in that scene anymore, and heres why.Since the LEOs wont hear it from most citizens, ill say it now: thanks for keeping an eye on the roads so that kittenheads like this dont hurt me or my family.Skip to 3:41.

The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Ah, yes. Nothing says class like a mullet, Mustang, and Myrtle Beach, SC.

However, I do not suggest calling a SC Trooper a "traffic cop."
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Ah, yes. Nothing says class like a mullet, Mustang, and Myrtle Beach, SC.

However, I do not suggest calling a SC Trooper a "traffic cop."
    Fair enough. I wasn't aware the phrase " traffic cop" was equivalent to "lazy" in LE speak.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    In my experience traffic enforcement happens against the sort of people who endanger others a fairly small percentage of the time.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    In my experience traffic enforcement happens against the sort of people who endanger others a fairly small percentage of the time.
    Sadly.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

My experience as well.

My local cops after getting a Fed grant, that had a requirement to issue 10% more traffic citations, lowered the speed limit along sections of roadway where they had good hiding places. And only in the direction where the hiding place was effective. So for example in that section one side of the road was 45mph, while the other was 35mph.

When they didn't get enough tickets to continue the grant the speed limits returned to normal.

I'm not against traffic enforcement, but way too much of it is just speed limit enforcement and doesn't go after the aggressive driver or distracted drivers.

That is my experience too. I live near a major east coast interstate that has a lot of traffic at all hours, and too many fast, reckless drivers. They are seldom stopped. Our local police forces are used, however, as a revenue-raising tool at speed traps designed to catch the maximum number of drivers possible. The cops agree that it is a misplaced priority, but it is what happens when cops are turned into revenue generation machines rather than public safety officers.

However, Gardone, I agree with your basic point.

I'll add this: aggressive driving can be the side effect of poor/distracted drivers, who aren't necessarily driving as much as they are hanging in their barcalounger hoping the GPS gets them to their destination.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

You need to come ride with me and/or my guys.

The "speed trap" bullshit only happens in places where people don't hold their politicians accountable for stupid stuff.

ONe of the best models out there for this is the DDACTS concept. That works to cut into both crime and wreck stats.

GardoneVT,

Thank you for the spirit in which your post was intended. Unfortunately you've just started P-F's latest cop bashing thread.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List