Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Normal wear on a P226?

At the Grayguns Secret Volcano Base, Spray, Oregon
    Hi! I'd like to reinforce the fact that this is a normal machining profile found on many P-Series pistols. And yes by all means please use grease. FWIW, the Holy Grail for me has been to find the ideal grease to preserve and extend service life of SIG pistols. I think I may have found it in an as-yet-unreleased product from Lucas Oil. I've found out that they are the only company in the gun care products field with their own labs, and who make all their own products. They have samples of SIG anodizing they are rubbing to death in pursuit of this ideal grease. Stay tuned.

-Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Gray View Post
    Hi! I'd like to reinforce the fact that this is a normal machining profile found on many P-Series pistols. And yes by all means please use grease. FWIW, the Holy Grail for me has been to find the ideal grease to preserve and extend service life of SIG pistols. I think I may have found it in an as-yet-unreleased product from Lucas Oil. I've found out that they are the only company in the gun care products field with their own labs, and who make all their own products. They have samples of SIG anodizing they are rubbing to death in pursuit of this ideal grease. Stay tuned.

-Bruce
    Very cool. Thank you for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Gray View Post

-Bruce
    Has my attention. I've been running my SIG's a lot lately.

User Tag List