Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Normal wear on a P226?

Normal wear on a P226?

Noticed this today while dry firing. It didn't look right to me, so I went ahead and wiped it down for a closer look. This is on the left rail of the gun, and it starts approx. .5" from the nose of the frame. Is this something I should call SIG about, or am I being paranoid?

Pistol is a MK-25, purchased new in August 2014. Round count is 2645. No malfunctions thus far.

That looks like a machining flaw rather than wear. I doubt it would affect function, but that is questionable QC for an expensive pistol.

Site Supporter
    It looks like there is finish on top of the 'flaw', which means it was probably there when you bought it.

It's a machining flaw. If it bothers you aesthetically then send it in, if not don't worry about it.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

NO, it isn't a machine flaw, they all look like that, with that same cut. Both my MK25's and both my P227's have the same cut.

All right, thanks guys. So long as the frame/rails are structurally OK, I can live with it. Doing a google image search of "SIG bad QC frame rails" has informed me that I apparently got off lightly.

ETA:

Or, after seeing gtmtnbiker's post, maybe it's not a QC thing after all. I wonder what the purpose of the cut is?

Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post
    All right, thanks guys. So long as the frame/rails are structurally OK, I can live with it. Doing a google image search of "SIG bad QC frame rails" has informed me that I apparently got off lightly.

ETA:

Or, after seeing gtmtnbiker's post, maybe it's not a QC thing after all. I wonder what the purpose of the cut is?
    I have no clue, but it's on both sides and on all of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I have no clue, but it's on both sides and on all of mine.
    Sure enough, after wiping down the other side a similar cut is there. Crud/lube built up hid it. The left side definitely shows more wear though.

Site Supporter
    Sig rails show wear quickly. Use grease.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Sig rails show wear quickly. Use grease.
    It's been lubricated with TW-25B since I got it.

User Tag List