Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Un-Tucked Shirts - Sources?

Other posibilities . . .

Hawaiian shirts:
    http://www.paradiseclothingco.com/me...ndclothing.asp

Guayabera shirts come both short and long sleeved:
    http://www.mycubanstore.com/

It's a bit out of your price range, but I'm a huge fan on the Wilderness' Sonoran Shirts. They fit great, wear well, and look nice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    It's a bit out of your price range, but I'm a huge fan on the Wilderness' Sonoran Shirts. They fit great, wear well, and look nice.
    I like those... er... some of those.
    Pero, mucho dinero.

We've got an REI opening here soon-ish.
    I hate shopping... If I win the lottery tomorrow night, "personal shopper" will be one of my early hires.

Thanks!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I hate shopping... If I win the lottery tomorrow night, "personal shopper" will be one of my early hires.
    I agree completely, which is why I put shirts in the "buy once, cry once" arena. While even the highest quality shirt will need to be replaced eventually, I'd rather have a higher quality shirt that lasts me longer. I'd say that shirts that are custom made last me - conservatively - twice as long as shirts from Walmart/Gap/whatever they're selling at JC Penny's. As an added bonus, you can get a shirt that 1) doesn't look like crap and 2) fits you exactly the way you want. Have your wife get you one for your birthday and try it out (which is what got me hooked on them.)
    Sheep Have Wool

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheep Have Wool View Post
    I agree completely, which is why I put shirts in the "buy once, cry once" arena. While even the highest quality shirt will need to be replaced eventually, I'd rather have a higher quality shirt that lasts me longer. I'd say that shirts that are custom made last me - conservatively - twice as long as shirts from Walmart/Gap/whatever they're selling at JC Penny's. As an added bonus, you can get a shirt that 1) doesn't look like crap and 2) fits you exactly the way you want. Have your wife get you one for your birthday and try it out (which is what got me hooked on them.)
    Copy that.
    Back when I was doing the suit & tie thing, I'd get shirts made in Macau or Guangdong.... USD ~$30 for a perfect fit. Collars just like I like them (hidden loop for hiding the button down).
    I don't miss wearing a tie, but I do miss low price custom tailoring.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Most of the outdoorsy brands like Kuhl, REI, Arc'teryx, Mountain Hardware, and so on all have shirts that are suitable for wearing untucked.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Most of the outdoorsy brands like Kuhl, REI, Arc'teryx, Mountain Hardware, and so on all have shirts that are suitable for wearing untucked.
    This. I love 1/4 zip shirts and sweaters.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    This. I love 1/4 zip shirts and sweaters.
    Agreed. I pretty much live in 1/4 zip's when not in uniform.

The last time we were in Hawaii (Kauai) I very kindly "permitted" Mrs. Drang to go shopping at a sewing/quilting store.
    She finally figured it out when she went to check out, and I handed her patterns for Luau shirts.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Un-Tucked Shirts - Sources?

For odd sizing, TJ Max and Marshall's are excellent. I'm in a temporary fat stage and they do the job. Jeans and jackets are the only clothing items that last long enough to justify the extra coin now...unless you're not married (it's definitely worth it).
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; 10-17-2014 at 08:57 PM. Reason: grammar
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

User Tag List