Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KSTG @ NRA 28-October-2014

Site Supporter
    Well done Josh.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Thanks for posting the results so fast. In all fairness, I doubt that on Stage 4 of my first run that I shot faster than you and didn't drop any points.

Ugh. So slow on the first stage. I really need to work on finding a handheld light technique that doesn't suck for me.

Fun match though...thanks for running it!

Ouch. That was a rough match for me. Time to start hitting the range a bit more.

Being my first time participating I knew I'd be just about at the bottom of the rankings. Had a great time though. Looking forward to improving and signing up for future matches.

Very sorry I missed this match! Well done, Josh!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Well done Josh.
    Thanks. Also, thank to Doug, JConn, jdub, geof, and zeroflux for helping with match setup/admin, and to the NRA Range Staff for bearing with us when we went way over time.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by baronfitz View Post
    I really need to work on finding a handheld light technique that doesn't suck for me.
    I watched every shooter who tried to use a two-handed flashlight/gun grip struggle with the direction of the light or accidental turnoff of the light. Shooters who used neck index/Harries had very few issues with illuminating the targets.

Personally, I use neck index (really temple or jaw depending on which side of something I'm shooting around) as my low light technique because I get a lot of repetitions shooting SHO and using a flashlight w/o a gun that carry over well to my low light technique. If I were going to try to use a different technique, I'd practice it regularly to ensure that I could properly index the beam to PoA. I've also never found a good way to transition from using the light to search to using the light to shoot with any technique other than neck index or Harries.

Sorry, I've been a bit lazy in getting my videos cut...but here's mine from the October KSTG:

(I certainly picked the wrong gun for this sort of thing - Rick Grimes' choice of a six-shooter in The Walking Dead is completely unrealistic =)
    "WHAT?!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW RIDICULOUS YOUR GUN IS!" - TLG

User Tag List