Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ruger sr series

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    I've witnessed an SR9c go down at a KSTG match due to severe extraction issues. The owner indicated that the gun had been problematic in the past and would be going back to Ruger.
    Saw a problematic 9c with the same issues, and another was reliably reported to me. Ruger was lightning fast with the CS and the owners had their guns back within week.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Had an SR9c. Loved it. It didn't just run reliably, it threw cases to about 4:00 like it was using Jay Cutler's arm. This was consistent through more than 2,500 rounds of varying make, including 800 or so consecutively without cleaning. They sit very low in hand and have a brilliantly executed recoil spring assembly, so they are very flat shooting. The trigger has very little take up.

In short, the pistol is very easy to look good with.

On the other hand, I dislike thumb safeties.

This is just one guy's data. YMMV, though I heard similar results from a number of people I sold them to.

If you don't carry it every day, it's not every day carry.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I also ran an SR40 in several IDPA classifiers and at an InSights Intensive Handgun skills class. I never experienced any issues with my SR series pistols.
    caleb, do/did you ever use the safety on the SR guns? It seems like a pain to operate since it is so small. However, do to that small size it also seems as if you could just leave it disengaged and never bother using it without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I had an SR9c that ran like a raped ape and was extremely pleasant to shoot. I believe it made it about 5,000 rounds before I retired it. I also ran an SR40 in several IDPA classifiers and at an InSights Intensive Handgun skills class. I never experienced any issues with my SR series pistols. My total round count on the platform is probably around 10,000. With all that in mind, if I were selecting a polymer framed pistol for carry, the SR series would not crack the top 3. I would prefer an SR to an XD or a Taurus, certainly. But in a market with Glock, M&P, the VP9, the Walther PPQ, and the Sig P320 all out there,the SR would come after all of them.
    This makes absolutely no sense unless there is something you are not telling us.

One Ruger runs like a raped ape. You have nearly 10K rounds through the platform. You have never experienced any issues with your examples. But it ranks lowers than a bunch of others. WHY?

If the pistol sucks, say why. If you won't, why make some cryptic confusing post that sheds no light on the subject and leaves unanswered questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Biddy View Post
    Had an SR9c. Loved it. It didn't just run reliably, it threw cases to about 4:00 like it was using Jay Cutler's arm.
    What was the nature of the unreliability? That it threw cases to 4 oclock when you thought they should go somewhere else? Or did it actually stop working?

Personally, as long as the empties leave the gun and don't hit me in the face, I couldn't care less where they go.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I'll add the CZ P- 07 to that list of best buys they are sub & 450 locally and either slick guns or grab a gun had then recently for under $400.
    +1

I'd take it or its larger cousin (P-09) over any other pistol mentioned so far.

I think this should become a separate topic, "Reliable new guns for those on a limited budget".

I agree with most comments listed. I'm not too impressed with the reliability of the couple of Ruger SR9's I've seen.

I would take a hard look at the following:

CZ P-07/P-09
    Walther PPX
    S&W SD9VE
    Sig 2022

Depending on your preference, I think you'd find something in this list that would work very well for your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I think this should become a separate topic, "Reliable new guns for those on a limited budget".

Good idea. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    What was the nature of the unreliability? That it threw cases to 4 oclock when you thought they should go somewhere else? Or did it actually stop working?

Personally, as long as the empties leave the gun and don't hit me in the face, I couldn't care less where they go.
    "It didn't just", as opposed to "it just didn't". It cycled 100% reliably, and extracted with authority. It was great!

Quote Originally Posted by Biddy View Post
    "It didn't just", as opposed to "it just didn't". It cycled 100% reliably, and extracted with authority. It was great!

Ah, now I get it. Thanks for the explanation.

User Tag List