Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More "civility" from the Left

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Because it's always mud slinging season. It's all our "leaders" seem to know. Since they don't have a clue about most things they resort to the blame game like most other 2 YO.
    They do it because mudslinging works. Most of them wouldn't have a chance if they ran on their records: "Vote for me because I will raise your taxes to transfer money to my base supporters and want to hire a lot of new government employees (who, of course, will owe me and vote for me) to micromanage your life" just isn't a winning electoral pitch.

However, attacking your opponent for "supporting murders and rapists" and "refusing to take a stand against children being slaughtered in school" (because he or she won't vote for new gun control) is a proven tactic for getting voters who know almost nothing about politics to vote for you. The ads aren't true in any material way, but many voters don't understand it and know they are in favor of children and against murder.

This year Harry Reid has raised an enormous amount of money to fund ads, and almost all of them are attack ads that have almost no truth to them. And because he has raised so much money, some of those ads will work and races will be swung by them.

It is disgusting--but it definitely works.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This is the woman who let her husband raise their two kids while she was in grad school and then divorced her husband (giving him the kids) right after she graduated.
    It is even worse than that. Not only did her husband pay for Harvard Law School for her, but one of those kids she gave up came from her first marriage and wasn't even his. He took care of the girl, though, and continued to do so after Ms. Davis decided that her political career (and her new boyfriend) was more important than her kids.

Ms. Davis is a proud feminist, but in her case feminism simply means that her personal behavior is as bad as any of the many male politicians who basically don't have any noticeablel morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    It is even worse than that. Not only did her husband pay for Harvard Law School for her, but one of those kids she gave up came from her first marriage and wasn't even his. He took care of the girl, though, and continued to do so after Ms. Davis decided that her political career (and her new boyfriend) was more important than her kids.

Ms. Davis is a proud feminist, but in her case feminism simply means that her personal behavior is as bad as any of the many male politicians who basically don't have any noticeablel morals.
    Respect for her husband. I'll laugh my ass off if someone finds that he donates to Republicans. For me, it all boils down to family.
    #RESIST

The thing that really "amuses" me is this sort of ad:
    Candidate X is attacked for supporting 'tax breaks for wealthy corporations', while Candidate Y pledges to do his best to bring jobs to the area... which will pretty much boil down to giving tax breaks to wealthy corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Am I the only one looking forward to Nov. 5?
    Also known as the official kick off of the 2016 election season? That'll be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Because it's always mud slinging season. It's all our "leaders" seem to know. Since they don't have a clue about most things they resort to the blame game like most other 2 YO.
    No offense meant here, TAZ. Just want to point out the irony of calling people 2YO in a comment against mud slinging. I think it underscores the basic human nature of the mud slinging activity. It worked for us as 2-year-olds in the crib, it worked for us in the elementary school yard, it worked for us during those awkward middle school years. If you learned the art well by then, it continued to work for you in high school, college, your first job, your first management job, your first executive position, and your first political enterprise. We all have a little mud-slinger inside of us, and he tends to slip out of his cage once in a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    They do it because mudslinging works. Most of them wouldn't have a chance if they ran on their records: "Vote for me because I will raise your taxes to transfer money to my base supporters and want to hire a lot of new government employees (who, of course, will owe me and vote for me) to micromanage your life" just isn't a winning electoral pitch.
    Yaar - no politician can win on actual facts when the public wants rainbows and unicorns. The best you can do is take credit for the occasional rainbow, and blame the other side for the absence of unicorns. Or you can do what this Wendy person did - crank up the douche nozzle, spray the confused crowd, and hope for the best. Hey, it worked for OJ's defense team. It's risky, but sometimes a Hail Mary is the only play you have left.

Mud slinging works because the voting public eats it up. It's a conundrum - if you let everyone vote, then politicians win by pandering to this idiocracy thing we have going on. If only a few people can vote, then they lord themselves over everyone else. I'm not sure there's a steady state that involves a workable balance between those extremes.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This is the woman who let her husband raise their two kids while she was in grad school
    The ones she didn't kill

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    No offense meant here, TAZ. Just want to point out the irony of calling people 2YO in a comment against mud slinging. I think it underscores the basic human nature of the mud slinging activity. It worked for us as 2-year-olds in the crib, it worked for us in the elementary school yard, it worked for us during those awkward middle school years. If you learned the art well by then, it continued to work for you in high school, college, your first job, your first management job, your first executive position, and your first political enterprise. We all have a little mud-slinger inside of us, and he tends to slip out of his cage once in a while...

Yaar - no politician can win on actual facts when the public wants rainbows and unicorns. The best you can do is take credit for the occasional rainbow, and blame the other side for the absence of unicorns. Or you can do what this Wendy person did - crank up the douche nozzle, spray the confused crowd, and hope for the best. Hey, it worked for OJ's defense team. It's risky, but sometimes a Hail Mary is the only play you have left.

Mud slinging works because the voting public eats it up. It's a conundrum - if you let everyone vote, then politicians win by pandering to this idiocracy thing we have going on. If only a few people can vote, then they lord themselves over everyone else. I'm not sure there's a steady state that involves a workable balance between those extremes.
    Churchill said that democracy is the worst form of government--except for all the others. I think that is about right. People being people, most people involved in government will either be trying to get goodies for themselves or trying to wield power over others for an ego-trip. All we can do is to try to keep government as small as possible to keep it from doing too much damage, and of course, in trying to keep it small we will always be opposed by those who want more goodies for themselves.

Site Supporter
    http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/14/gr...of-vest-video/

Vest or vote ad - race bait much ?

Oh and apparently the Left is now classifying CHL Holders as "vigilantes" again.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Oh and apparently the Left is now classifying CHL Holders as "vigilantes" again.
    Oderint dum metuant

User Tag List