Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HK45 consistantly ejects brass at my forehead or right shoulder

What Jody said. Blazer quality has taken a dive IMO. I came upon an old stash of Blazer brass that actually used a jacket. The current offerings I have seen use a plated bullet (nothing wrong with that) but it is generally cheaper. They certainly produced less velocity than the product from "back in my day". I have the chrono results in a log book. I will post them if I come across it. In short, I would suspect the ammo. But hey, even HK isn't perfect.
    Taking a break from social media.

It varies widely. The 9mm Blazer I've shot of late has been pretty good.

Brass to the face from an HK. Not supposed to be possible.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    It varies widely. The 9mm Blazer I've shot of late has been pretty good.

Brass to the face from an HK. Not supposed to be possible.
    The half moon shapes on my dome confirm it is possible. I even bled a tiny bit. I almost cried.

Quote Originally Posted by JMorse View Post
    The half moon shapes on my dome confirm it is possible. I even bled a tiny bit. I almost cried.
    HK's CS is clearly at the top of the field nowadays so I am sure if more shooting doesn't work it out; you can get some relief. I was just being a bit of a Glock peasant smart ass and don't mean to make light of your issue.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Aww, I didn't take it in a negative way. I know it'll work out. Just an odd issue I hadn't heard about, no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    What Jody said. Blazer quality has taken a dive IMO. I came upon an old stash of Blazer brass that actually used a jacket. The current offerings I have seen use a plated bullet (nothing wrong with that) but it is generally cheaper. They certainly produced less velocity than the product from "back in my day". I have the chrono results in a log book. I will post them if I come across it. In short, I would suspect the ammo. But hey, even HK isn't perfect.
    I'd be interested in seeing that if you do come across it again. Always nice to know when (or if) any factory .45 isn't loaded to full tilt 190+ PF.

*cough* over engineered *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    *cough* over engineered *cough*
    Interesting post from a guy who get's mega butt hurt when someone shits in one of his 1911 threads.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

First-if there is actually an issue with the cycle of operation in the ejection and extraction portion, the gun needs to go back to HK and they have been great lately on this stuff. Unlike several other brands and legendary pistols, HK's will normally properly run through all portions of the cycle of operation and do it without a magazine in place.

Second-I get this all the time on the HK forums. Your gun is sprung for full power duty ammunition. At my old place the only guns that ran the +P HST was the "Over-engineered" HK's. It beat the Glocks bad, and the 1911's just got flat tore up. I won't run the stuff in my 1911's. The round kills like the plague in our experience, so I run it in all my HK45 based carry guns.

So do you want your gun sprung for underpowered training loads, or carry loads?. We normally see the issue with guys running essentially +P .380 in guns sprung for 9mm NATO and SAAMI +P stuff with the 9mm's. This is especially true when they are brand spanking new. If it was me, I would run some full power .45, make sure you are running a high grip and use that as a guide to if you really have a mechanical problem or an ammunition problem.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    First-if there is actually an issue with the cycle of operation in the ejection and extraction portion, the gun needs to go back to HK and they have been great lately on this stuff. Unlike several other brands and legendary pistols, HK's will normally properly run through all portions of the cycle of operation and do it without a magazine in place.

Second-I get this all the time on the HK forums. Your gun is sprung for full power duty ammunition. At my old place the only guns that ran the +P HST was the "Over-engineered" HK's. It beat the Glocks bad, and the 1911's just got flat tore up. I won't run the stuff in my 1911's. The round kills like the plague in our experience, so I run it in all my HK45 based carry guns.

So do you want your gun sprung for underpowered training loads, or carry loads?. We normally see the issue with guys running essentially +P .380 in guns sprung for 9mm NATO and SAAMI +P stuff with the 9mm's. This is especially true when they are brand spanking new. If it was me, I would run some full power .45, make sure you are running a high grip and use that as a guide to if you really have a mechanical problem or an ammunition problem.
    Much appreciated, it makes sense that a light load won't work as well as a hot one in a stiff gun. I've left the slide locked back all night and I'll hit the range again today or tomorrow as work allows and see if there is any improvement.

User Tag List