Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig M11-A1

2000 round challenge completed.
    E2 grip on order because I hate grip screws.
    Standard trigger on order because the short trigger pinches my finger.
    Ameriglo Pro-Glo front sight (#6, .230") on order because I prefer a bright orange HD style front sight and to lower the POI 2" at 25Y.
    Waiting on my AIWB holster so I can start toting it around in public.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

What lubrication did you use? How does the underside of the frame rails look?

Whatever it came lubed with from Sig. TW-25 I think. Everything looks good.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Does Ameriglo have an HD like option for the Sig, and is it available in different sizes? I have a 229 .357 Sig upper that even with the 9mm height HD sights hits drive the dot, or a tad lower, in impact.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Does Ameriglo have an HD like option for the Sig, and is it available in different sizes? I have a 229 .357 Sig upper that even with the 9mm height HD sights hits drive the dot, or a tad lower, in impact.
    Yes. They offer two different heights. .220 & .230.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Yes. They offer two different heights. .220 & .230.
    Do you know whether that corresponds to the overall front sight height or just the blade? For example, the HD is listed as a blade height of .215 and overall height of .279.

Any idea whether Ameriglo offers rear sights in multiple heights and what height the rear(s) are?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    What is your issue with grip screws? Other than a spot for rust, potential loosening, and a 2 piece grip is there something I'm missing? Not trying to be an ass, just humbly submitting to your expertise.

The screws have very few threads on this gun. Too easy to loosen and too easy to strip out. It'll also make both my 229's consistent in the grip department.

Suvarov - missing grip screws are a major issue with the Sig Classic pistols, especially the P228/9 pistols. Replacing grip screws on pistols whose grips are held on with rubber bands, tape or other "expedients" is #1 piece of "armorer" work I do on the P229s issued to my agency. I relocated to a new Field Office two years ago, with about 30 total Sigs in service, and have had to replace 20+ screws that were missing when I got here, or dropped off since I arrived.

Since I've started using clear nail polish over the heads after installing/tightening screws, no longer an issue, but time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Suvarov - missing grip screws are a major issue with the Sig Classic pistols, especially the P228/9 pistols. Replacing grip screws on pistols whose grips are held on with rubber bands, tape or other "expedients" is #1 piece of "armorer" work I do on the P229s issued to my agency. I relocated to a new Field Office two years ago, with about 30 total Sigs in service, and have had to replace 20+ screws that were missing when I got here, or dropped off since I arrived.

Since I've started using clear nail polish over the heads after installing/tightening screws, no longer an issue, but time will tell...
    How come I never hear of anyone putting blue loctight on them? Do you regularly need to remove the grips to service the gun?

User Tag List