Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig M11-A1

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I might have a real "legacy" 13 round mag (from 1994 or so) in my box-o-stuff, I'll look for it later.
    If you can't find it, let me know. I'll send you one to use. They worked fine in my 229-1.
    Last edited by Lon; 10-10-2014 at 03:26 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I might have a standard trigger laying around as well. If you want that.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Here we go.
    350 rounds without a hiccup.
    Flawless!

The range and my transportation:

The guns:

I brought the P229R along as my "control" if needed and to verify the sight adjustments I made on it a few days ago were GTG.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    The guns:

I brought the P229R along as my "control" if needed and to verify the sight adjustments I made on it a few days ago were GTG.
    Do you consider the E2 grip worth it in comparison to the M11?

Site Supporter
    glad to see the range dried up...

First 10 rounds at 25 yards to verify zero (taped holes are from a previous range session).

1" dots at 5 yards to work on trigger control. Each dot has 5 rounds on it (2 DA and 3 SA per dot).
    Yea... I snatched a few DA's.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Let's try to hit some steel at 25 yards.

Let's try that again.

A few snatches but not bad for only having 150 rounds or so on a new trigger.

Feeling frisky.
    Let's go out to 50 yards on a 10" plate.
    7 out of 13... not bad for the pace and how much trigger time I have on it so far.

Last edited by JodyH; 10-10-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Do you consider the E2 grip worth it in comparison to the M11?
    I don't really even notice the difference while shooting.
    Might be worth it just to get rid of the grip screws though.

1100 rounds downrange now, primarily S&B 115gr. FMJ's and another 100 rounds of Speer 124gr. GDHP's.
    Zero malfunctions, the slide even locks back every time despite my grip (this may be due to the P228 grips vs. the E2's).
    I finally trust my trigger control to shoot a real group at 25y, 10 rounds offhand could be covered by a 3" Shoot-N-See, but was just nicking the top edge of the target (2" too high for me) a set of Ameriglo's will fix that right up.
    The trigger has smoothed out considerably and is on the verge of being good for a DA/SA.
    The short trigger has got to go, after 300 rounds or so the pinch gets annoying.
    I have another case of S&B ready to hit the range tomorrow morning.

User Tag List