Thread: PPQ M2 mag release

PPQ M2 mag release

Me and some friends bought M2 PPQs, which are the push button mag release version. I laughed at a buddy who kept dropping the mag when he'd take a 2 handed grip out of the holster. Now I drop the mag when coming back to a two handed grip after a mag change. I have Dawson Charger/fiber optic sights and a nice JM Custom Kydex rig for it, all set for SSP. Should I jettison it and stick to Glock, or fiddle with the magazine release button? I'm too stupid to attempt to change my grip.

Trying replacing the too weak OEM magazine release spring with an AR15 safety detent spring. I had this done on Wilsoncombatrep's recommendation.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I replaced mine with a spring from a Midway spring pack. A safety detent should work just as well.

There's a pretty long thread on this very topic on Waltherforums.com. But it always comes back to replacing the mag release spring if your grip presses the release button. So far, I have not had this problem but once with my PPQ, but I had a loose and malformed grip that day (and it hasn't happened before or since). But some shooters' grips are different, just due to size and shapes of hands differing from person to person.

I'm hitting it with whatever the area below the thumb on your palm is called. I'll try the AR spring next time I'm at my local gun store, as I don't have any ARs.

User Tag List