Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Will competition get LEO's or Armed Civilians killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    For the folks thinking about "what training", Tom and John Hearne's lectures on this subject matter are worth, IMHO, the cost of tuition to attend the Tac Conference alone, even if all of the other training involved wasn't available (which it is).
    Thanks for the plug. FWIW, my plans for 2015 are to represent the four-hour block I did last year one day and then present a two-hour finishing block for the rest of the information I have.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Thanks for the plug. FWIW, my plans for 2015 are to represent the four-hour block I did last year one day and then present a two-hour finishing block for the rest of the information I have.
    I'll hope to make both of those classes. The info you've put together is awesomely good stuff.

That is great. To echo what Chuck said, this class alone is worth the cost of admission. I will be doing my pile on lecture of the training habits consistent to some of the most successful gun fighters of our time. I am also working right now to get the actual crime scene photo's from a couple of cases to make the presentation better than the one last year.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

That is great news, I was hoping you would do that. I'm really looking forward to listening and taking notes.

Better and better !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    NH Shooter- please email me at rangemaster.tom@gmail.com . I have two classes in your area in 2015. I'll get you the details.
    Thank you, email inbound!

Site Supporter
    Shot IDPA today. Quite a few folks got penalties for reloading on the move behind cover (a long wall). Like Me! In our group, we have some high ranked folks in the rule making hierarchy. They were lambasted with the silliness of this rule. About the game - one person got all bent for the call. He said he was doing the best to handle the 'threat'. It was pointed out that this is a game. The stage started with you in the open with four facing you and they open fire - thus I pointed out that you are probably dead anyway. Most stages start with a situation that would be best handled by running away. Threat guy said - NOT ME. So we pointed out again that the 4 guys probably shot you before you continued on through the stage. Just a game!

nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Shot IDPA today. Quite a few folks got penalties for reloading on the move behind cover (a long wall). Like Me! In our group, we have some high ranked folks in the rule making hierarchy. They were lambasted with the silliness of this rule. About the game - one person got all bent for the call. He said he was doing the best to handle the 'threat'. It was pointed out that this is a game. The stage started with you in the open with four facing you and they open fire - thus I pointed out that you are probably dead anyway. Most stages start with a situation that would be best handled by running away. Threat guy said - NOT ME. So we pointed out again that the 4 guys probably shot you before you continued on through the stage. Just a game!
    Somebody -- can't remember if it was John Hearne, Dr No or Bolke said it is a game when there is a timer. I think you just follow the rules, if you want to play that game.

Different game, but I shot USPSA today, and in all five stages don't recall a single penalty assessed against anyone in our squad.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Rule #2 & #3 violations are rampant.

Sit at a match and watch how many fingers go on triggers before the muzzle is in any kind of orientation on the target to guarantee a hit on that target.

Based on what I saw I was the only one who cared.

I also saw a ton of fingers not in index during the unload and show clear phase without a single correction. While I don't think it is the R/O's job or worth the confrontation over the "I did not", the fact is that
    a bunch of people are building a habit of getting a finger in a trigger guard or very close while simply operating and locking a slide to the rear.
    I just got to this point in the thread and had to back up Nyeti (not that he needs my help).

As a USPSA RO I see this in probably 80%+ of the shooters. The common refrain when I correct them is "No I wasn't. My finger wasn't ON the trigger." as if the 1/8" of air between trigger and finger is a talisman. I think the only way to get them to wake up would be to wear a gopro of camera glasses so that they can see what I see as they're moving and reloading.

It's bad enough that when one of the few truly finger aware shooters runs a stage it's a stand out.

User Tag List