Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: How Not To Conduct A Traffic Stop

Quote Originally Posted by EKDave19 View Post
    http://m.cantonrep.com/repository/pm...TXfXe9&rwthr=0

First time poster and this video got me fired up. I only saw this recently and wanted to see where the case ended up and this is what I found. Looks like there's a good chance he could get his job back if he could get medical clearance.

His attorney says: “What needs to be understood is (there’s) no rule that says an officer (cannot) or should not make threats,” he said. “It’s not nice for a police officer to threaten to shoot somebody, (but) sometimes it’s ultimately the only thing that prevents you from doing it.”

Does this mean I can go and say I'm going to pull my Glock .40 to anyone's head let alone a cop and get away with it? No chance. All I'm saying is that cops should be held at the same if not higher standard than us normal citizens.
    There is a time and a place for threats but this was not the time. I had a suspect who ran from another officer. We had no idea if he was armed. I found him hiding under a building (tall enough of an area to walk around hunched. He had his hands hidden from my view. I told him show me your hands once, then twice with no reponse. I then said show me your Fucking hands and that got his attention. If someone is not complying I can see using profanity and threats if the situation could resort with lethal force. There is nothing wrong with threatening force if the situation justifies it. The one in the video did not and he deserves to lose his job.
    pat

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    There is a time and a place for threats but this was not the time. I had a suspect who ran from another officer. We had no idea if he was armed. I found him hiding under a building (tall enough of an area to walk around hunched. He had his hands hidden from my view. I told him show me your hands once, then twice with no reponse. I then said show me your Fucking hands and that got his attention. If someone is not complying I can see using profanity and threats if the situation could resort with lethal force. There is nothing wrong with threatening force if the situation justifies it. The one in the video did not and he deserves to lose his job.
    pat
    Not to mention there's a huge difference between threatening to blow someones head off because they won't comply, and threatening to execute someone because you're a blatant moron and not paying attention to anything you're doing or what anyone is trying to say.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    The city attorney is probably drinking heavily right now.

That bullet-headed cretin is a seven-figure settlement looking for a place to happen.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Well, he should be charged with Aggravated Menacing, since he threatened serious bodily harm and he had the means to inflict the harm. Disorderly Conduct is also a fitting charge, since this would be the two charges levied against the victim in this case. Fifth and Fourteenth Amendment implications here, but then again, this is the new 'Merica.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    The city attorney is probably drinking heavily right now.

That bullet-headed cretin is a seven-figure settlement looking for a place to happen.
    Oh, so very this.

And wait until they play all the video clips to the jury, to establish a pattern of behavior. Wowsers, I'd hate to be paying property taxes there.

I imagine if does get his job back that he will be pushed into a desk position where he can't do any more harm. I know of a Trooper they did that with. Put him in headquarters until he could not stand it anymore and quit.
    pat

User Tag List