Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven or Bravo Concealment?

Raven or Bravo Concealment?

I'll keep this short and sweet. I was thinking about picking up one or the other for a new G17.

It looks like the Bravo is essentially a knock of the Raven design. So, for those that have seen/used both how do they compare quality wise?

Cheers!

J

Site Supporter
    Raven does good work. I like JM Custom and Dale Fricke better for OWB kydex. No experience with Bravo.

All things being equal, I'd like adjustable retention as some of these holsters run pretty darn snug. JM Custom Kydex and Off The Grid off adjustable retention. My friend got a 17 holster from Raven that's way too tight.

My favorite G17 holster is the Griffon Industries X300 holster, which is made by Kaluban Cloak. It's also cheaper from Kaluban (didn't know that at the time). Will fit a 34, 19 and 17 all in one.

The JM stuff looks nice, as does the Kaluban. What Kaluban's lead time do you know? I don't see any explicit mention on their website.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    All things being equal, I'd like adjustable retention as some of these holsters run pretty darn snug.
    Yes, that might be my #1 gripe with Raven's gear.

Quote Originally Posted by JLM View Post
    The JM stuff looks nice, as does the Kaluban. What Kaluban's lead time do you know? I don't see any explicit mention on their website.
    A quick Google of "Kaluban holster order time" makes me say "JM Custom."
    #RESIST

For OWB, I like the Raven. Their QD loops are enough of a selling point for me to keep coming back to them.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I have a raven phantom and a bravo concealment owb holster. The raven is nicer, especially if you decide to wear it iwb. I had to break the edges on the bravo with sand paper to wear it inside of my shirt.

Since they both have quick ship options for a glock I'd go raven and not look back. Bravo is not a bad holster, it's just got a little less attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by JLM View Post
    If you look at the individual item descriptions, most of them say 2 weeks.

I've got Griffon/ Kaluban, Off The Grid, G-Code and Raven here in front of me. Honestly the Raven looks like it needs to play some catch up compared with the others.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    All things being equal, I'd like adjustable retention as some of these holsters run pretty darn snug.
    Raven's stuff does tend to run snug, but my IWB holster has retained its retention through who-even-knows-how-many draw strokes over the years, and gives me plenty of confidence that the gun will stay in place even while sprinting at full speed. I've even used it on an inversion table (too lazy to take it off while stretching my back) and it stays in place, which is good to know in case you plan on rappelling through skylights upside down or something. I use their IWB magazine and flashlight pouches too, and have never had any issues.

User Tag List