View Poll Results: What FO Front Sight Width for M&P?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0.100"

5 33.33%
  • 0.110"

1 6.67%
  • 0.115"

5 33.33%
  • 0.125"

4 26.67%
  • other / see comments

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which FO Front Sight Width w Stock Rear for M&P?

I tried a .105" FS with a .150" rear before and didn't care for it. A .100" FS and a .125" RS is a nice combo though.

I've found I like to maintain around a ~.020" delta between the fronts and rears for the best balance of precision and speed for me, personally, although that differs slightly based on the pistol's sight radius. If find that to be a good general purpose light bar setup, fast enough and precise enough.

If I was shooting purely for speed at shorter distances, I'd go with a wider rear or narrower front though and for accuracy with no time limit, a narrow rear and narrow front seems to perform the best (for me). It really depends on the application.

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    I tried a .105" FS with a .150" rear before and didn't care for it. A .100" FS and a .125" RS is a nice combo though.

I've found I like to maintain around a ~.020" delta between the fronts and rears for the best balance of precision and speed for me, personally, although that differs slightly based on the pistol's sight radius. If find that to be a good general purpose light bar setup, fast enough and precise enough.

If I was shooting purely for speed at shorter distances, I'd go with a wider rear or narrower front though and for accuracy with no time limit, a narrow rear and narrow front seems to perform the best (for me). It really depends on the application.
    I got the 0.100" 10 8 FO and stock rear installed. I took it to the range last Saturday and I am liking the combination. Really opens up the side for peripheral vision.

The change did fix my 'shooting high' issue; now to focus enough to get those elusive 1" groups at seven yards (Hey, a guy's gotta have a goal, eh? )

User Tag List